Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here,shoot your best ideas.

I'm fed up with that thing dangling under the stem,so any suggestion is greatly appreciated. Please do not spare details like if I may end up in need to have some new longer connecting cables.

·
Registered
921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I've thought about that but one needs a proper bar,right ? I mean,you need to need to be fully internal cable all over the bike I guess.

·
Forever a Student
4,963 Posts
Yeah I've thought about that but one needs a proper bar,right ? I mean,you need to need to be fully internal cable all over the bike I guess.
It would need any of the bars that have the internal routing that are out now. With a hole by the shifter and a hole before where the bar clamps. Wire would run next to rear brake housing to exit.

Do you have a Garmin mount out front? If so they can hang off the bottom.

Pointing backwards.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I took mine off my stem and moved it to the bottom of a BarFly mount. I looked at the bar end junction box, but couldn't bring myself to swap out bars just to hide the box; plus, I would have to buy new (or extend) the current cables to reach the bar end.

People have also mounted them under their saddle as well, which requires you to drill a hole in the top of your seat post, and I'm not sure if the guy had an internal battery in his seat post or not.
Bicycle accessory Floor Bicycle part Bicycle Bicycles--Equipment and supplies

·
Registered
41 Posts
And here's a photo of the setup under the saddle. It's a TT bike though, and the oval seatpost probably allowed room for the cable to get past the internal battery.
Bicycle part Bicycle accessory Bicycle frame Bicycle Bicycles--Equipment and supplies

1 - 6 of 6 Posts