Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've ridden mtn bikes for a while and want to PU a road bike for a change of scenery and conditioning. (Ride from the driveway). It's just me, but I want a great bike so I won't be tempeted by UGI and because I like good equipment. Trying to choose between these bikes right now: Klein Q Pro / Litespeed Tuscany / Airborne Zepplin and a Ind. Fab crown Jewell. All have upscale components and carbon forks. My riding will be just for fun with a couple 50K charity rides a year thrown in. What would you leather crotched "old timers" recommend? Oh yeah, and I'm older than dirt, with the attendant "back" issues.

· Registered
5,358 Posts
When I re-entered cycling at age 40 I got a Zeppelin. It was a good bike for five years until I decided it was too long for me and I wanted something carbon.

Whatever you get, get it fitted well. It's better to test ride the bikes and see what appeals to you. Back issues can often be dealt with by strenghening the back and/or abs.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.