Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
greetings

i had my chain, cassette and cables replaced about 500km ago and today the cable died. Usuall they last a yar or more. Perhaps I was unlucky or perhaps the cable was some no-name brand i.e. cheap and low quality. The shop replaced it today for free (great) but it brings me to my question: what are good i.e. reliable and long lasting cables for Shimano DuraAce, Ultegra and 105 groups? Are Campag cables compatible with Shimano cables and vice versa? THANKS.

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
i thought shimano cables were pretty reliable and performed well. I thought that campy cables did also. I've run both for years.
I just went to alligator I-links. They're absolutely fantastic. You can actually feel the difference...
try em. procyclingworld.com. they're alot like nokons. but they're pretty easy to setup...

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
jd3 said:
I think these will be my next cable set. No, Campy and Shimano cables are not the same. The shifter cables have different size heads on the shifter end.
http://www.competitivecyclist.com/r...na-reaction-complete-cable-kit-5839.21.1.html
I ordered these from Competitive Cyclist right after getting an e-mail from them. I guess they were a big seller as they are out of stock now (per your link).

They'll be used with my new DA 7900 group. In fact, the next step on the new build is installing the cables.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts