Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,830 Posts
That's funny.

However, I have no doubt that hi-viz yellow-green jerseys and jackets are safer for riding in traffic. I bike commute to work, and it's usually dark or dusk in the mornings. Although I also use front and rear lights, I'll take all the help I can get. I was convinced of the value of hi-viz clothes riding to work one morning in the dark when I spotted a jogger about 1/2-mile away wearing a neon yellow jacket. Most of the joggers are ninjas in black, making them very hard to see, but this guy stood out like a neon light.

·
Poseur
1,408 Posts
Where can I get some of those high resolution clothes?:D

·
Registered
14,713 Posts
GerryR said:
Where can I get some of those high resolution clothes?:D
They only work on the drivers with high-resolution eyes; alas, those are few and far between.

·
Banned
6,360 Posts
Well, it's April 1... But just for a second there, I thought, "People are walking into buildings and SUING about it?"

·
Registered
14,713 Posts
Cory said:
Well, it's April 1... But just for a second there, I thought, "People are walking into buildings and SUING about it?"
Date may be irrelevant. The site appears to be a British answer to "The Onion".

·
Registered
735 Posts
When in doubt turn the cheap LED flashers on (both front and back), and most cycling clothing comes with reflector strips, so I don't feel the need to wear day glo colors, not that I am against them...............MTT :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The high rez stuff is VERY popular here in London. But the drivers here are far better than the drivers in the US. In the US, I get the feeling it would just make me an easier target :(

·
Registered
11,474 Posts
lancezneighbor said:
The high rez stuff is VERY popular here in London. But the drivers here are far better than the drivers in the US. In the US, I get the feeling it would just make me an easier target :(
I got to ask—what in the hell is high REZ stuff? Is that British English for what we call high VIZ stuff here in the colonies? Perhaps it's true that, as someone said, "the UK and the U.S.A. are two countries separated by a common language." :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts