Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
those lime green jackets are brilliant during the day. How are they at night? do they increase visibility at night compared to other colors? choices gore xenon, which is claims its saftey orange color is high vis during day and night. vs any lime green jacket for combination of day and night visibility.

thanks in advance.
Charlie

·
Big is relative
11,887 Posts
cjohnson said:
those lime green jackets are brilliant during the day. How are they at night? do they increase visibility at night compared to other colors? choices gore xenon, which is claims its saftey orange color is high vis during day and night. vs any lime green jacket for combination of day and night visibility.

thanks in advance.
Charlie
Check out the Voler stuff at velowear.com. They have some hi viz vests, jackets, and jerseys. I have a couple of the jerseys and they have reflective stripes on the sleeves and a reflective strip along the bottom edge of the back. Their prices are pretty good as well.

·
Registered
359 Posts
I've been using a Pearl Izumi Zephr jacket on commutes with good results. It has a color that picks up the available light pretty well at night, and 360 reflective striping that clearly defines and outlines your torso. I've had a couple of folks tell me that it definitely helped them notice me up ahead in the distance, and to pick up that I was riding a bike.

It doesn't have pit zips, but the fabric breathes well enough that I haven't had any overheating issues. It does a great job of wind blocking as well though.

·
Resident Curmudgeon
11,979 Posts
I bought the Performance Illuminite jacket this year. I love it! It's available in Hi Vis, Yellow, and at least 1 other color. I bought the yellow. Nice features. Fits nicely.

·
Sticky Valentine
28,404 Posts
Mr. Versatile said:
I bought the Performance Illuminite jacket this year. I love it! It's available in Hi Vis, Yellow, and at least 1 other color. I bought the yellow. Nice features. Fits nicely.

I was just looking into the vest version of that jacket (don't think I need the jacket here in So. Cal). It was on sale for $45. I think I might do it.

For anyone interested:

http://www.performancebike.com/shop/profile.cfm?SKU=20801&subcategory_ID=1130

joe

1 - 5 of 5 Posts