Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7,492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A grossly overused word that now has to appear in the header of every faintly amusing clickbait web piece.

Already my least favorite word of 2016.

And while I'm at it, that other horribly overused clickbait header:

"10 things your (cabbie, travel agent, gynecologist, etc etc.............) won't tell you".

that is all.

·
Registered
5,488 Posts
There's also the "She adds this to that and you won't believe what happens!" variation. I ignore them and I've adopted a policy on Facebook that if I see more than 3 of them in a day on my newsfeed shared by the same person, I put that person on the "do not follow" list.

·
Registered
2,471 Posts
There's also the "She adds this to that and you won't believe what happens!" variation. I ignore them and I've adopted a policy on Facebook that if I see more than 3 of them in a day on my newsfeed shared by the same person, I put that person on the "do not follow" list.
I like your policy, here is a better one though. Don't use Facebook :p

·
Registered
5,488 Posts
I like your policy, here is a better one though. Don't use Facebook :p
I don't use it as they would like, my friend list is very limited and my security and participation settings are set as tight as the platform allows. But it has it's uses that, for me, are worth the minor annoyances. Especially since most minor annoyances are caused by users, not the Facebook site, and Facebook provides ways to make them less annoying even if they're somebody you don't want to axe from the friend list.

·
Master debator.
8,777 Posts
Epic thread, and very on point!

·
Registered
875 Posts
There are also the "12 facts about .... that will make your jaw drop!!"

True, my jaw does drop when I yawn....

-----------

·
Doesn't like subtitles
3,808 Posts
Outrage is highly overused in news reports, where simple anger or disappointment will suffice. I picture masses of people walking around with forehead veins bulging out and spittle flying. These days maybe that's true though.

Pisses me off.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
I've noticed they're getting more clever as of late. I'm seeing more and more complete BS headlines like "Attack on US soil, foeirgn invasion" or "Obama rushed to the hospital for emergency surgery."

·
Registered
6,018 Posts
A grossly overused word that now has to appear in the header of every faintly amusing clickbait web piece.

Already my least favorite word of 2016.

And while I'm at it, that other horribly overused clickbait header:

"10 things your (cabbie, travel agent, gynecologist, etc etc.............) won't tell you".

that is all.
Its funny but a bit sad since I usually get suckered into clicking those things

·
User is infamous around
2,738 Posts
Wait. Is Facebook like MySpace?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.