Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have only been riding for a short time but I can see that my hill riding has improved. I no longer have to stand to clime some of the better hills in my area. I find that I can now not only sit but also use a higher gear.

So my question. When training hills is it better to stand or grind it out and sit or do both?
 

·
Spicy Dumpling
Joined
·
9,723 Posts
MB1 is right, he sums it up well and with great humor and wisdom.

It took a long time to learn to stand again after everyone drills in the 'spin,spin,spin' stuff. Do what works at that time, moment and grade. IMHO there is too much emphasis on spinning up climbs instead of just doing what works for you. I'm a big guy and I've found I climb better on any reasonable grade by standing. My toothpick of a friend climbs best when spinning. It will take a while but you'll figure out what works.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,932 Posts
Muaythaibike said:
Hammrob provides the best reply, with only 6 posts. I'm not convinced that a high post count eqates to a necessarly thoughtful reply.
Yes, but if it is the judgment of one low post count member that another low post count member is better, then I have to say the study is bias. Therefore, climbing is best done in privacy. Or not.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
21,853 Posts
Kestreljr said:
Yes, but if it is the judgment of one low post count member that another low post count member is better, then I have to say the study is bias. Therefore, climbing is best done in privacy. Or not.
But you can't change from a low post count member to a high post count member in private. :eek:

BTW I suspect the quality of a members posts starts to go downhill after about post 1,471!:D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The low post count member that commented on the other low post member reply was based solely upon their interpertation of the post. Best reply, in that the meaning of the post was understood and appreciated! Whereas, the post of the high post member appeared to be riddled in sarcasm and contradiction.

Similar to this image..

:thumbsup:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,932 Posts
Muaythaibike said:
The low post count member that commented on the other low post member reply was based solely upon their interpertation of the post.
Did you just refer to yourself in the third person?

You have some posting problems, but I would expect no-less from such a low post count person, such as yourself.





























































Just a joke- please don't go post-al on this thread....
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
21,853 Posts
Muaythaibike said:
The low post count member that commented on the other low post member reply was based solely upon their interpertation of the post. Best reply, in that the meaning of the post was understood and appreciated! Whereas, the post of the high post member appeared to be riddled in sarcasm and contradiction.

Similar to this image..

:thumbsup:
Likely more addled than riddled. :blush2:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,932 Posts
MB1 said:
BTW I suspect the quality of a members posts starts to go downhill after about post 1,471!:D
Well, based on my earlier post, there is no point in arguing with such a high post count person.... But if I could argue this point, I would probably say that is not the case, as that would require all my post to be better then the last. However, I have not posted anything productive in at least 200 post.


But to play devil's advocate to my own argument, this post makes a convincing case that you are in fact right.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
LOL,,

You guys must go way back....

Of course no sarcasm here.

Perhaps, I should go back to the beginners area with the other low post members. And ask questions such as "What is the best bike"... I was confident that I graduated from that forum... Guess not, according to our senior members..
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
21,853 Posts
Muaythaibike said:
LOL,,

You guys must go way back....

Of course no sarcasm here.

Perhaps, I should go back to the beginners area with the other low post members. And ask questions such as "What is the best bike"... I was confident that I graduated from that forum... Guess not, according to our senior members..
Oh, you have graduated just fine, now try the Lounge. :eek:
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
7,191 Posts
MB1 said:
But you can't change from a low post count member to a high post count member in private. :eek:

BTW I suspect the quality of a members posts starts to go downhill after about post 1,471!:D
I resemble that remark...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Are you suggesting that somebody as intelligent as yourself, as highly respected by other high post members has been offended by a low post member? And now are banning me to the lounge? Other low post member please help. Perhaps if we all pull our post together we may be able to match wits... or dare we.....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
378 Posts
To become a better hill climber, should I climb more or rest more or do both more? If I can climb once or twice a weekend, should I climb twice or climb once and rest one day? Or climb twice and rest the next weekend?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
21,853 Posts
Muaythaibike said:
Are you suggesting that somebody as intelligent as yourself, as highly respected by other high post members .......
Doubtful

Muaythaibike said:
... And now are banning me to the lounge? ......
Mostly folks get banned FROM the Lounge.

Muaythaibike said:
...if we all pull our post together we may be able to match wits... .......
Never get into a battle of wits with a fool. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.


MB1
13,000+ Posts of Experience
:D
 
1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top