4469172140_34779c566f_o

Oakland, CA - Sprinter Hilton Clarke will make his debut for the UnitedHealthcare Pro Cycling Team Presented by Maxxis at the Air Force Cycling Classic this weekend. Clarke joins the Team from the Bahati Foundation squad.

"Hilton is one of the top sprinters racing in North America," said Team Director Mike Tamayo. "When the opportunity arose to add him to the squad, it was an easy decision. He is a Pro Tour-level talent, and he adds even greater depth to our sprint squad."

Clarke will join an already deep UnitedHealthcare Presented by Maxxis sprint crew for the two races in the Washington, D.C. area this weekend. That group includes Karl Menzies, Andrew Pinfold and Jake Keough, all of whom have raced against Clarke this year - and at various times have shared the podium with the Australian.

Clarke will also be reunited with his younger brother Jonny, who was an instrumental part of the success enjoyed by UnitedHealthcare Presented by Maxxis in the spring criteriums.

"I'm looking forward to joining the UnitedHealthcare Presented by Maxxis organization," Hilton Clarke said. "I've been racing against this team for a number of years and they've always conducted themselves professionally. It will be good to race alongside guys like Karl, Jake and Pinner rather than against them. And I'm also quite excited to be racing with Jonny once again."

Matt Crane, Adrian Hegyvary and Brad White complete the UnitedHealthcare Presented by Maxxis squad for Saturday's NRC Clarendon Cup, and the Crystal City Cup on Sunday.

HILTON CLARKE, AUS

Born: July 11, 1979
Hometown: Melbourne, Australia
Residence: Brighton, Australia
Height: 5'8"
Weight: 154 lbs
Strengths: Sprinting
Pro Since: 2001

Career Highlights:
1st Launceston International Classic, 2008
17 wins, 2008
1st USPRO Criterium Championships, 2006