Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody else surprised to see Hincapie saying Devolder was on another planet (or something similar). I was really taken aback by the comment. May of meant nothing by it, but I would think he would be more careful with his words

·
Registered
128 Posts
I don't believe he meant anything by it. The guy just rode 6 hours over cobblestones and huge climbs. Don't read anything in to it. Give'em a break.

·
Darling of The Lounge
4,799 Posts
I wouldn't read much into George's comment. The same thing was said about Indurain back in the day when he dominated.

I saw the pre-race interview he gave to Paul Sherwin. He said he was "feeling great". In his post-race interview, George said he wasn't "feeling a 100%" during the race.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Retro Grouch said:
I wouldn't read much into George's comment. The same thing was said about Indurain back in the day when he dominated.

I saw the pre-race interview he gave to Paul Sherwin. He said he was "feeling great". In his post-race interview, George said he wasn't "feeling a 100%" during the race.
Didn't ?Paul SherwinPhil Liggett? also say "where on the mountain did he buy a new set of legs?" when Ricardo blasted in front on Stage 9 2008? :D - I think that moment has to be my favorite moment in cycling history since my recent attraction to it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.