Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
gastarbeiter
1,513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Look closely. See something different, than your standard Hincapie pic?

?

?

?

I didn't notice it at first either, but if you look at George's feet, you'll notice he's no longer wearing Carnacs. Nike must have bought out his contract, or maybe it just ran it's course.

yeah, i know. kind of trainspotterish to notice :rolleyes:

·
Not Banned
49,013 Posts
George was/is a Carnac Man

maybe now that he's being promoted to leadership and that LA is retired and maybe Johann and Co are expecting Huge things from him this year, Nike may have taken over as his shoe sponsor. I haven't seen GH recently in any Canranc ads.

·
gastarbeiter
1,513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Was.

Can't see any pro wearing one product, then switching mid-season (unless something dramatic happened).

I think you pretty much nailed it. at least that was my guess.

atpjunkie said:
maybe now that he's being promoted to leadership and that LA is retired and maybe Johann and Co are expecting Huge things from him this year, Nike may have taken over as his shoe sponsor. I haven't seen GH recently in any Canranc ads.

·
imbasilical moreon
1,873 Posts
....filling Lances shoes ???.....

....yes, those are the Lance model shoes....

would be nice to insert a rippin witty comment here, but i'll just ask: is there something prophetic in this ?????........

·
Registered
2,501 Posts
I thought what was wrong with the picture is he's being touted as a team leader but got beaten by 2 of Basso's domestiques in the [flat] TT. Must have been a shoe problem.

·
Registered
72 Posts
terzo rene said:
I thought what was wrong with the picture is he's being touted as a team leader but got beaten by 2 of Basso's domestiques in the [flat] TT. Must have been a shoe problem.
Those two domestiques also happen to be strong riders in their on right. Don't forget Dave Z won TT's in the Giro and Tour last year. Julich is no slouch either--bronze at the '04 Olympics, winner, Paris-Nice, Critierium International, etc. Hincapie as a team leader has already been discussed at length on this forum but I just want to say this: Hincapie is a much wiser choice for leader than Danielson when it comes to the Tour.

·
gastarbeiter
1,513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Obviously, especially considering the fact that Danielson WON'T BE RIDING the TdF.

:D

telecaster said:
I just want to say this: Hincapie is a much wiser choice for leader than Danielson when it comes to the Tour.

·
merckxman
2,116 Posts
Maybe I shouldn't say this....

In an interview appearing in the Gazetta dello Sport (Italy), Paolo Savoldelli thought he may very well be the team leader for the TdF.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts