Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
3,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
That's pretty amazing, for his height. I'm starting to think he could really do something in the Tour.

·
Self-Banned
16,905 Posts
I saw that this morning. When I saw him go by me at TOC he looked very tiny for 6'3". I have doubts about his prospects for the TDF but we'll see. Can he get down to 160 by July and have all of his power?

·
Banned
4,302 Posts
FondriestFan said:
That's pretty amazing, for his height. I'm starting to think he could really do something in the Tour.
Not likely. He has to be able to sustain 502 watts at threshold. I don't think GH is superman.
This is I get from Dan Coyle's book. A Tour contender has to produce about 6.7watts/kg if he wants to win. Lance could do about 450-500watts. I don't think GH is stronger than Lance by any measure and that's what he would need to be to win. I think he's top 10 material tho.

·
Banned
3,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
botto, it's in cyclingnews

·
Registered
48 Posts
GH 165 lbs

From paceline, GH interview. It was originally in another language then translated...

"- I was never then now improve. That still experienced I Sunday in the round. I never weighed barge in this period. 75 kilogrammes for 1.90 meter. And I had never a stronger team: Hoste, Devolder, Gusev, Hammond... if he touches swiftly patched up. When Knaven in 2001, only won, zat I in a group with four Quick Steps."

75 kg = 165.35 lbs

1 - 6 of 6 Posts