Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Over the last two years I have had hip bursitus on and off. The doc says it is brought on from riding/running and subscribed anti-flamatory drugs which worked somewhat. Does anybody have any suggestions on how to relieve the symptoms or how to prevent it from happening?

·
Registered
433 Posts
Yatesie said:
Over the last two years I have had hip bursitus on and off. The doc says it is brought on from riding/running and subscribed anti-flamatory drugs which worked somewhat. Does anybody have any suggestions on how to relieve the symptoms or how to prevent it from happening?
I have a problem with bursitis in my left hip, along with what my doctor calls a "boney island". It's a 5mm bone growth that showed up on a CT scan. Riding doesn't seem to have any effect on whether or not it causes problems. Actually, I had the most trouble this winter after about a month off the bike. I generally hit it with 800mg of Ibuprofen and give it a day's rest. When I have the attacks, even walking is very painful. FWIW, I'm 230# and run my seat height set at "heel on pedal with knee straight" height, which also measures out almost exactly to the Lemond .883 theory. Usually, the only complaints my body gives me about riding are sore knees after too many early season miles or big gear hill climbing. Four bad lower discs also dictate that I run my bar at the same height as my seat. Makes it a lot easier to use the drops, too.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts