Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
always right sometimes
1,832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A person who got tired for being white and nerdy so they decided to try real hard and be cool. Most of which are posers that up until 2 years ago had never heard of any of the bands that they are listen.

man 1: Hey didn't we go to high school with that girl?

man 2: Yeah we did.

man 1: Wasn't she one of those girls that thought keith Urban was the best singer ever.

man 2: I think that you are right. Fu*&ing hipster Posers

BTW. We have a ton of them in SD. They are everywhere I look now. I hope some actually turn into future TdF riders..ha.

·
Resident Dutchbag
11,864 Posts
rydbyk said:
A person who got tired for being white and nerdy so they decided to try real hard and be cool. Most of which are posers that up until 2 years ago had never heard of any of the bands that they are listen.

man 1: Wasn't she one of those girls that thought keith Urban was the best singer ever.

BTW. We have a ton of them in SD. They are everywhere I look now. I hope some actually turn into future TdF riders..ha.
I are listen to bands I didn't know about 2 years ago, does that make me a poser?

·
Registered
8,047 Posts
What a lame definition. I either get bored of most bands within two years, or they don't put out two years worth of good material.

There has to be a better definition.

rydbyk said:

·
Dead Pool Comptroller
3,097 Posts
Hipster, n: A person who finds impractical solutions to easily-solved, everyday problems and whose "depth" is only more layers of trendy surface.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Hm, so then literally ever person in the world is or has been a hipster, because how could you start listening to a band without starting to listen to them at some point?

·
always right sometimes
1,832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
TheWanderer said:
Hm, so then literally ever person in the world is or has been a hipster, because how could you start listening to a band without starting to listen to them at some point?

Don't over think it. It is a sudden massive adoption of underground music groups that are suddenly "awesome" and "real" because, as a hipster, that is what you are "supposed" to listen to.

Much like owning the obligatory fixie, there too is obligatory music. They adopt music like they adopt the bike as this "NEW" version of transportation...as said before...much of their interests are surface level and are seen as "accessory items" to complete the aura or vibe.

The funniest part of it all is that nearly every item/interest that they are SUDDENLY into has been around or accessible for a very long time....YET now is the time of coolness...:p

Again..I hope that we see some of these people racing some day. If they keep pedaling massive miles on their fixies (apparently mass transit is shunned?), then there will be some true talent out there....

·
Resident Dutchbag
11,864 Posts
rydbyk said:
Don't over think it. It is a sudden massive adoption of underground music groups that are suddenly "awesome" and "real" because, as a hipster, that is what you are "supposed" to listen to.

Much like owning the obligatory fixie, there too is obligatory music. They adopt music like they adopt the bike as this "NEW" version of transportation...as said before...much of their interests are surface level and are seen as "accessory items" to complete the aura or vibe.

The funniest part of it all is that nearly every item/interest that they are SUDDENLY into has been around or accessible for a very long time....YET now is the time of coolness...:p

Again..I hope that we see some of these people racing some day. If they keep pedaling massive miles on their fixies (apparently mass transit is shunned?), then there will be some true talent out there....
The accessorial manifestations may slightly differ over time but the basic mechanics seem pretty much par for the course for any young peeps' subculture. You'll either eventually get used to it or turn into an old fart who yells at clouds.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts