Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone installed a tray mount rack on a vehicle with reverse sensors? I'd prefer to get a tray mount rack because of all the great reviews, but Im worried it will interfere with the reverse sensors on my bumper. Does anyone know if this is true or had experience with this?

·
Registered
27,471 Posts
jharpole said:
Has anyone installed a tray mount rack on a vehicle with reverse sensors? I'd prefer to get a tray mount rack because of all the great reviews, but Im worried it will interfere with the reverse sensors on my bumper. Does anyone know if this is true or had experience with this?
It would seeem to me that sensors being motion detection devices, would not react to stationary objects mounted near the rear bumper. Just speculating. What happens when you tow a trailer?

·
Registered
97 Posts
Turn it off

I have a 2008 Tahoe and it has a feature where you turn off the sensor. It does screw with it if you don't turn it off.

·
I ride in circles..
4,645 Posts
Best solution.. Just don't reverse :p

I doubt the wobble of the bikes while backing up slowly will make any difference in the sensor.

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
Never had hitch mount, but bikes hanging off a set of Saris Bones I borrowed set mine off. I turned them off.

·
Registered
594 Posts
Fredrico said:
It would seeem to me that sensors being motion detection devices, would not react to stationary objects mounted near the rear bumper. Just speculating. What happens when you tow a trailer?

most are basically sonar sensors that detect when anything is close to them; the rack will be right there and will set off the sensors. All vehicles I know with them have a button to turn them off so you don't hear the alarm every time you put the vehicle into reverse.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts