Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
In need of sock puppet
9,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While the title sounds like something involving duct tape and Bike Snob's favorite fixie rider, it's actually about a work weekend that finds me traveling to House of Blues in Hollywood* to do some recon on an artists' forum called Deviant Art, during their private birthday party bash.

The lovely Mrs. Thinkcooper and I are driving south to HW* this Saturday, staying at the Standard on Sunset, and heading back to Santa Cruz the following morning.

Sunday brunch in Hollywood* anyone?

*the city

·
In need of sock puppet
9,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hollywood said:
lets turn this mother out. I'll bring the Polaroid.

FWIW, the party has live llamas. Not sure if this is a good idea. Reminds me of the camels that someone brought to Burningman years ago. They were non-stop-crap-o-dromes and spat at everyone.

·
p != b
2,303 Posts
I'm still a little surprised that dA is only 10 years old (on the intertubes at least).

seems like that place has been around forever. then again, 36% of my life is pretty darn close to 'forever'.

·
Sticky Valentine
28,404 Posts
Dang, already got plans for this Sunday. You can come to the OC fair with me though. Fried butter and Titan the gigantic Ox await*

*may or may not be secks code..

joe

·
In need of sock puppet
9,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
JoeDaddio said:
Dang, already got plans for this Sunday. You can come to the OC fair with me though. Fried butter and Titan the gigantic Ox await*

*may or may not be secks code..

joe
That's way better than the Scarborough Fair. All they have to offer is parsley, sage, rosemary and thyme.

·
Sticky Valentine
28,404 Posts
thinkcooper said:
That's way better than the Scarborough Fair. All they have to offer is parsley, sage, rosemary and thyme.

/rimshot.

joe

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
at the OC Fair stay away from the giant size mexican funnel cake (it's literally a 2.5 pound plate of churros and made a bunch of us sick, it was almost worth it)

and

·
Premium Member
11,955 Posts
il sogno said:
Anybody know a good brunch place? Will there be bikes involved?
I suggested Le Petit Four on Sunset Plaza... walking distance for Coops. There's plenty around. WeHo, BevHills, etc.

I *may* ride over if the leg cooperates. :(

I also like Alcove in Los Feliz, if they're into driving to brunch

·
In need of sock puppet
9,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Walking is nice. We plan on b'fast cocktails poolside. A sober-up brunch afters would rule.

·
Super Moderator
19,485 Posts
Hollywood said:
I suggested Le Petit Four on Sunset Plaza... walking distance for Coops. There's plenty around. WeHo, BevHills, etc.

I *may* ride over if the leg cooperates. :(

I also like Alcove in Los Feliz, if they're into driving to brunch
We'll get Dr. Gerard Porte on your case, stat!

EDIT: I like Petit Four. I haven't been there in a long time but I used to have lunch there many years ago. It was good. :)

1 - 20 of 44 Posts