Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
hello
3,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I rode up to the top of Mt. Lee, above the Hollywood Sign yesterday. The road ends at the very top where the transmission towers are located. Since I work in Hollywood and commute by bike on the weekends I decided to do this ride immediately after getting off work around 1pm yesterday.
I've hiked up to the top several times by way of narrow, steep foot trails, leading up to the paved maintenance road to the top but always had this idea of riding up on my next jaunt up.
I rode up through a maze of very narrow residential streets of Hollywood Hills til I reached a gated maintenance road. From there it was straight up to the top.

·
Registered
3,238 Posts
Way cool

·
Premium Member
21,910 Posts
Sweet ride, views and weather.

What was coming back down like?

·
hello
3,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks all. The climb up is short, under 4 miles, but very steep in certain portions for like 1/2 mile.
This ride, combined with the commute back home makes for a rather nice workout so I think I'll be doing this more often.

:)

·
Bacon!
9,190 Posts
Nice view!

·
Jerkhard Sirdribbledick
27,036 Posts
We discussed this a looooong time ago via PM.

Where is the gate to the maintenance road?

·
hello
3,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
DrRoebuck said:
Where is the gate to the maintenance road?
From the corner of Franklin Ave and Beechwood Dr in Hollywood, go up Beechwood Dr for a little over a mile and turn left on Ledgewood Dr.
After a very short distance jog right on Deronda Dr
Jog right on Deronda Dr again
Deronda comes to a dead end at the maintenance gate. Walk through the pedestrian access and immediately bear right on the lower road which will take you to the top.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts