Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I was trying to upgrade the software on the wife's Garmin Edge 500 and the thing just locked up. Resetting generated a "Software Missing" error. Definitely not good. So I called Garmin preparing myself to wait on hold for 20 minutes only to talk to a native Hindi-speaker (not that there's anything wrong with that) with no real technical knowledge, reading a script written for idiot customers.

Well, lo and behold, despite the system telling me the wait time was 15-30 minutes, within 2 minutes I was talking to someone who I could not only understand, but talked to me like a real, intelligent person and had a dozen or so things to try to solve my problem. He even e-mailed me the software to re-install on the 500, walked me through it, and got the thing working again and updated to the latest software!!!

Mega-kudos to Garmin! Keep up the good work!!!!

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
That's good to know, I've been afraid of trying Garmin...Maybe I should go for it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.