Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Bacon!
9,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday was the first ride of the year that I was able to ride in short bibs and a short sleeve jersey without getting frostbite or drenched with rain. What freedom to wear a minimal amount of clothes while pedalling along (within reason of course :)). Anyway, these pics aren't anything too special as we were so busy enjoying the warm evening that I had problems concentrating on taking pics. I think I had that dumb drugged up smiley look that people get when everything just seems to come together. Anyway, here's some pics from Washoe Valley, NV.

·
Registered
64 Posts
i lived north of you about 3 hours in the high mountain desert of northern california while i was in high school. i certainly miss that terrain. It does get and stay cold for long periods of time, but the flip side of that is you get to pedal alongside snow capped mountain tops, while sucking up the arrid high mountain desert fresh air. i am jealous. i get pollution and 90% humidity now in houston. thanks for the pics. it is always nice to see that area of the country.

·
Bacon!
9,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Trust me, I can't even look at them myself. Horrifying!

·
Bacon!
9,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
In all honesty, I love it here. I don't get to ride as much as I'd like in the winter but there are so many things to keep me busy in the outdoors that I can't really complain.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.