Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I cycling friend mention to help alleviate hot spots while riding and until I can get a referral to see a podiatrist, is to mark on the innner sole where it hurts. Mark it a cut a hole size of a quarter. He said this helps by relieving the pressure on the metatarsal bones.

Has anyone tried this temporary method.?

·
Registered
188 Posts
I haven't tried what you are describing, but I was having issues with hot foot and this was something new for me. I went to see a bike fit guy about it, and he suggested two things -- raising my saddle and getting an new pair of insoles. He had the equipment to do a custom foot bed, but suggested I start with store-bought insoles. I got a pair of Specialized insoles, and raised my saddle a bit, and the problem's gone. Good luck with this. I know that hot foot can make a ride a lot less pleasant that it otherwise would be.

Thanks.

kg1

·
Registered
2 Posts
Spreading the pressure over a broader area of the bottom of your feet works well. Good arch supporting insoles will do this. Some riders benefit from a metatarsal pad as well. This is a pad that goes in front of the arch of your foot to support the metatarsal bones. Better than cutting holes in your insoles! Arch supporting insoles and (very soon) met pads are available from Tread Labs. They offer insoles in 4 different arch heights for a semi-custom experience. Much more structured than most of the others.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts