Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Motorator
4,166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally got my truck back from the shop Tuesday afternoon - I took off at 330 and arrived at my door at 1AM today. It drives like new. I don't know if I left heaven or hell, all I know is that here, it's cold and wet and there, weather reports on TV might as well be considered commercial breaks. Time to grab a snack or go to the bathroom.

I enjoyed myself in SD - thank you svend and atp for your graciousness, atp is a true NASCAR stocker but.... I could have taken you on that final sprint if I wanted to. :D
I'm happy to have met everyone who I met. Real faces now.

·
My back hurts
4,862 Posts
It's good to hear you arrived home safely. It was great riding with you and sorry about the miscommunication on the Sunday ride. My wife loved the beautifully etched steakhouse bottle.

·
Windrider (Stubborn)
22,021 Posts
Glad you made it........

Starliner said:
Finally got my truck back from the shop Tuesday afternoon - I took off at 330 and arrived at my door at 1AM today. It drives like new. I don't know if I left heaven or hell, all I know is that here, it's cold and wet and there, weather reports on TV might as well be considered commercial breaks. Time to grab a snack or go to the bathroom.

I enjoyed myself in SD - thank you svend and atp for your graciousness, atp is a true NASCAR stocker but.... I could have taken you on that final sprint if I wanted to. :D
I'm happy to have met everyone who I met. Real faces now.
greatmeeting you also.

Did you ever figure out if your bottles got stolen?

Len

·
Motorator
4,166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
A good ending.

Len J said:
greatmeeting you also.

Did you ever figure out if your bottles got stolen?

Len
My four sample bottles showed up in a hallway.... at my house when I got home. I obviously forgot to load them up in my rush out the house last week. Never would have used them anyway as my prospecting plans were scuttled by my unexpectedly extended stay in sunny SD. They are beautiful - you guys would have liked them very much so that's my only regret in not having them.

I'm glad I didn't make too big of an issue about it with the shop foreman. They were innocent, guilty of nothing. Even though the costs tripled from the original off-the-cuff phone estimate, I'm back in business, the truck works well and I'm happy.

·
Not Banned
49,013 Posts
yeah no doubt

you were coming fast on that final sprint. but then again I did have about 135 of the 150 or somiles 'up front'.;o) (granted you'd rode alone mostly on Sun)

was a blast to meet and ride with ya. Good luck on that race,keep us posted.

·
Windrider (Stubborn)
22,021 Posts
Cool.....

Starliner said:
My four sample bottles showed up in a hallway.... at my house when I got home. I obviously forgot to load them up in my rush out the house last week. Never would have used them anyway as my prospecting plans were scuttled by my unexpectedly extended stay in sunny SD. They are beautiful - you guys would have liked them very much so that's my only regret in not having them.

I'm glad I didn't make too big of an issue about it with the shop foreman. They were innocent, guilty of nothing. Even though the costs tripled from the original off-the-cuff phone estimate, I'm back in business, the truck works well and I'm happy.
Glad it worked out.

Len

·
Motorator
4,166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
atpjunkie said:
you were coming fast on that final sprint. but then again I did have about 135 of the 150 or somiles 'up front'.;o) (granted you'd rode alone mostly on Sun)

was a blast to meet and ride with ya. Good luck on that race,keep us posted.

You deserved to win for all the work you did. You were big in many good ways. Hey, I found this place in Chula Vista with these mechanical massage beds - 40 minute sessions FREE for the first three times and $2 per session thereafter! A few nice mexican women run this place which also has two infrared saunas and some other hi-tech equipment for weight loss. Mexican music on loudspeakers are tied to a big karaoke screen and things get kind of trippy there in a fun way. It's worth a look.

·
Not Banned
49,013 Posts
well I hope your visit

aids your training schedule. If you ever need a leadout man lemme know. You got a hell of a jump, I'll bring ya to 200 or so m from the finish.I make an excellent launching pad.

get me the info, that place sounds good in a real surreal way

·
Super Moderator
19,519 Posts
T'was a pleasure, Starliner. Glad you made it to SD - and back. Your truck gets the award for most miles driven. :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.