Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
gazing from the shadows
27,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
J Edgar Hoover would be proud!

http://www.outspokenclothing.com/homelandsecurity.html

"It seems that the anti-terrorist division of our government is spending its time (and our tax dollars) doing web searches on people who disagree with their politics and have the audacity to say so on t-shirts. Progressive clothing = potential terrorist? Never mind that we're three pacifists running our business out of an apartment - because we don't like Bush, we might be a threat to national security. We're interested to see what happens the next time one of us tries to get on a plane! "

Anyone see a pattern? Go after anti-war protesters at Drake university. Go after medical records on a fishing expedition to get doctors that disagree with your administration. Go after the makers of T-shirts.

Big Brother is watching. Remember, if you are not with us, you are against us.

'How can I help it?' he blubbered. 'How can I help seeing what is in front of my
eyes? Two and two are four.'

"Sometimes, Winston. Sometimes they are five.
Sometimes they are three. Sometimes they are all of them at once.
You must try harder. It is not easy to become sane."
- 1984 (George Orwell)

·
Registered
74 Posts
Here's a related story that's not getting nearly enough attention.

http://cbsnewyork.com/topstories/local_story_036144559.html

The list is now alleged to include not only suspected terrorists and those believed to be a threat to aviation security but civil rights activists say it also targets people based on their political views. A list that is thought to include members of the Green Party, a Jesuit priest who is a peace activist and two civil rights attorneys.

In Gordon and Adams’ case, the ACLU believes the couple may have been targeted for their work on War Times, a free bilingual newspaper that has been critical of the war and the Bush administration's policies on terrorism.

It’s very scary that two people who pose no danger, who are publishing something, which last time I looked we were allowed to do, are being detained at the airport and having the police called and they won't tell us why," Adams said.

And as of today, Gordon and Adams still don't have any answers from the government but have a court hearing set for April 9th. This controversy isn't likely to go away anytime soon, since the government is planning on implementing a color code system this summer to track passengers and that list too is expected to be secret.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Remember that you should only be afraid if you are a terrorist. Keep repeating this until you believe it, vote Republican, and wrap yourself in a flag.

·
Banned forever.....or not
24,421 Posts
You can get this on a T-Shirt

I'm sure that this will get Ashcroft's head spinnin'

·
Misfit Toy
23,426 Posts
I guess I had better cover up my Ladies Sewing Circle and Terrorist Society stickers.....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts