Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Incredibly sophomoric question but I honestly can't find the answer. Where can one go and watch a reply of an entire stage of the TDF? Flames on fer sure... but anyone point to where? tx

·
Registered
7,197 Posts
Tx, I know it sounds lame but I have NBCSN but have never been able to find a full stage video. Will try again.
NBCSN typically airs live coverage around 7:30-8:00 am, then a replay around noon and then a primetime replay around 8:00 pm, all EST.

·
Registered
6,018 Posts
NBCSN doesn't show the full stage though. Usually starts a couple hours into the race.

NBC Sports Gold On Demand apparently shows the full stage start to finish.
Cycling Schedule | NBC Sports
I got the NBC Sports Gold package to watch to Tour. Not having time (or desire) to watch 5 or 6 hours of replay, I was hoping to pick out the good stuff and watch those sections in the evening. To do that you pretty much have to guess at where the different climbs start and end and have some idea where the good action took place. That means reading a summary of the stage which sort of spoils the ending. You can also watch live. I wish they offered a good edited replay show. the replay stuff they do have seems very hurriedly slapped together

·
Registered
7,197 Posts
NBCSN doesn't show the full stage though. Usually starts a couple hours into the race.

NBC Sports Gold On Demand apparently shows the full stage start to finish.
Cycling Schedule | NBC Sports
It depends on the stage, but they are showing the entire stage right now. They always pretty much show highlights of any eventful moments you have missed as well. I don't feel like I ever really miss anything important.

·
Registered
4,979 Posts
It depends on the stage, but they are showing the entire stage right now. They always pretty much show highlights of any eventful moments you have missed as well. I don't feel like I ever really miss anything important.
Yeah, work, riding, yard work, pool work, cooking/grilling and stalking the perfect tan... July. Le Tour is the sound and saga of July. I manage ridiculous hours of Tour watching somehow. Again, it's just July.

·
Banned
Bianchi Nuovo Alloro, Lemond Etape
2,299 Posts
I got the NBC Sports Gold package to watch to Tour. Not having time (or desire) to watch 5 or 6 hours of replay, I was hoping to pick out the good stuff and watch those sections in the evening. To do that you pretty much have to guess at where the different climbs start and end and have some idea where the good action took place. That means reading a summary of the stage which sort of spoils the ending. You can also watch live. I wish they offered a good edited replay show. the replay stuff they do have seems very hurriedly slapped together
At the stage overview at the official website, they note the times, in central european standard time zone. of when Le Tour is expected to pass through each town.

The timing of the route through each town is actually surprisingly micromanaged. They basically run a parade along the route each day before the day's stage, then there is something of a party as that parade completes the stage. So, they really need to be able to tell the locals when the parade will come through town.

Then, also, the locals know when the race will come through town. Now, they cannot get it to the minute, but they know the times, with "sensitivity analaysis," say if they run at average 38kh, 41kh, and 43kh.

The coverage usually has a ticker counting down KM. So, you can do a lot of work and plan your viewing to capture the interim bonuses - sprints, climbs - then figure out how to watch the final 30km.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts