Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Scary Teddy Bear
14,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If it's not there yet..it's coming....here's some pics...gotta love winter. My dog spooked up two deer in the woods below, too bad season is over... :(

The bear is loving it....

·
Cannot bench own weight
4,267 Posts
Believe it or not i'm in Central Ohio, it's Feb 16, and it's 62 degrees. Problem is that it's raining. I had planned on going for a ride too :-(

·
gazing from the shadows
27,214 Posts
It's not bad, most of the worst tracked south of us and we are just catching the edge. They say 6" total but it will be closer to 4 if you ask me, and with how light and fluffy it is, no problem with the snowblower and the 4x4. I wish it was more, and warmer, because this next few days is going to be brutally cold, as in -15 tomorrow night.

I'll take the snow, I bought a new snowblower this year and anything that I can fire that up for is fun. It's the dustings I don't like.

·
Scary Teddy Bear
14,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
How

dr hoo said:
It's not bad, most of the worst tracked south of us and we are just catching the edge. They say 6" total but it will be closer to 4 if you ask me, and with how light and fluffy it is, no problem with the snowblower and the 4x4. I wish it was more, and warmer, because this next few days is going to be brutally cold, as in -15 tomorrow night.

I'll take the snow, I bought a new snowblower this year and anything that I can fire that up for is fun. It's the dustings I don't like.
far are you from Rochester?....are you riding in the Oxbow race in april?

·
Strained coccyx etc etc
21,050 Posts
physasst said:
If it's not there yet..it's coming....here's some pics...gotta love winter. My dog spooked up two deer in the woods below, too bad season is over... :(

The bear is loving it....
70f and sunny this afternoon. snowed last weekend and supposed to snow this weekend. :rolleyes: memphis, meh...

·
Scary Teddy Bear
14,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah

dr hoo said:
An hour, an hour and a half.

I don't race. Why would I want to ruin a good thing with racing? Not to say I won't throw down in a sprint at the drop of a hat, but racing is not something that ever interested me. I like to ride on the road and look around, and I like to ride the road so I can ride further on the trail. I just like to ride.

Besides, I am really slow. And lazy.

I'm not saying I'll race every weekend or all the time or anything, but I am a goal oriented person, and it helps to motivate me to get on the trainer, and work out hard, and drop those extra pounds if I know that I have an event coming up. I'm only planning on maybe 3-5 per year including cross races.

·
gazing from the shadows
27,214 Posts
physasst said:
far are you from Rochester?....are you riding in the Oxbow race in april?
An hour, an hour and a half.

I don't race. Why would I want to ruin a good thing with racing? Not to say I won't throw down in a sprint at the drop of a hat, but racing is not something that ever interested me. I like to ride on the road and look around, and I like to ride the road so I can ride further on the trail. I just like to ride.

Besides, I am really slow. And lazy.

·
Registered
3,115 Posts
I feel your pain. It actually got into the low 90s one day this week here in SoCal; I had to go rummaging through the closet to dig out one of the Hawaiian shirts I wasn't expecting to need until May or June. People don't realize what a burden it is to have to think about what to wear--used to be I could just count on having T-shirt season and sweatshirt season....

·
Scary Teddy Bear
14,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
See

The Walrus said:
I feel your pain. It actually got into the low 90s one day this week here in SoCal; I had to go rummaging through the closet to dig out one of the Hawaiian shirts I wasn't expecting to need until May or June. People don't realize what a burden it is to have to think about what to wear--used to be I could just count on having T-shirt season and sweatshirt season....

I don't mind this weather, actually like it. If it was december, I would be in a tree stand with a deer call. The winter has never bothered me, I don't mind it until it gets down to about 40 below, then it's starting to get cold, at least too cold to be active outside. I won't ride the bike in anything less than 10 though. Clothing is too thin, and the wind can be too brutal, but let me bundle up, and I'll go outside all day in this sort of stuff.

·
Registered
3,115 Posts
It'd be fun to have weather like yours out here (for a while, at any rate)--all the local TV stations would be shifting into their breathless "Wild Weather" schticks, panic would reign, people would be screaming because the Bureau of Street Maintenance doesn't have snowplows, businesses would shut down because employees couldn't get to work and there'd be no customers anyway, yuppies would discover they really don't have a clue what to do with that SUV...I could strap on my snowshoes and trundle over to the nearby intersection and watch the traffic accidents. Normally I fully approve of our approach, where we keep the snow up in the mountains, so you can drive up, ski, make snowmen, whatever, and then drive home, change and head out to the beach to eat seafood whilst watching the sun set over the ocean--but it wouldn't hurt to stir things up once in a while.

·
gazing from the shadows
27,214 Posts
Here's my goals.

Get out and ride for 45 minutes. This is my goal in March, given snow and road muck.

Next, ride for 1.5 hours.

Next, ride for 2+ hours.

Then I will think about throwing in some climbing.

What I will actually do.

Ride a bit.

It will snow, keeping me from riding. Then I will ride, and it will rain.

Get hit with huge piles of work in May at the end of the semester, killing any benefits of riding I have done to that point.

School ends, ride for 2 weeks.

Go to tahoe still winter fat and totally out of shape. Ride a bit, hike a bit, etc. Then get drunk with RBR people and make excuses for not going on anything but the lazy pretty little ride to the waterfall. Cough up lungs at 7000' altitude. Ride some more, mostly on trail. Gamble, and spend any winnings on food and jewelry.

Come back, and ride more, feeling strong after weeks at altitude. August will come, and I will finally feel like I can ride again. Then school starts and I start to get fat and lazy again.

Thus goes my years.

·
Scary Teddy Bear
14,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hehe..

haiku d'etat said:
70f and sunny this afternoon. snowed last weekend and supposed to snow this weekend. :rolleyes: memphis, meh...

the HIGH temp for tomorrow is supposed to only be 5 below. Might reach 20 below with wind chill......LOVE IT....

·
gazing from the shadows
27,214 Posts
That pansy weather makes them weak. WEAK I tell you.

Weather like this, that makes your eyeballs hurt within 2 minutes outside makes us strong. Now excuse me while I go take care of the drifts before getting ready for the day.

·
Scary Teddy Bear
14,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Might

dr hoo said:
That pansy weather makes them weak. WEAK I tell you.

Weather like this, that makes your eyeballs hurt within 2 minutes outside makes us strong. Now excuse me while I go take care of the drifts before getting ready for the day.

set records tonight...it's 4 below right now, and with windchill it's about 17-18 below. TONIGHT we might reach 38-40 below with windchill, temp is supposed to drop to 19 below. I agree, all of these people living in warm climates....WEAK.....come up here into the woods for awhile in mid-january, now that's FUN.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts