Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a set of the 24/28 Kinlin 279 and novatec hubs from hoops and love them. I was debating between the Kinlin and the Archetype build and Brent recommend the Kinlin. I'm 185 and there is zero flex in these wheels when sprinting or hammering a climb. The hubs roll forever. My next bike will have wheels from hoopswheels too. Brent is a great guy to deal with and the wheels are fantastic. Give him a call or send him an email and you'll get a quick response.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Looks like these are awesome bang for your buck wheels, tempted by the H Son's as i was considering paying hundreds more for HED's (arts cyclery has them for a good price). I'm also interested in the Flo 30's that aren't available yet, so i may just wait it out to see.

·
Registered
2,776 Posts

·
Registered
2,776 Posts
I have a set of the 24/28 Kinlin 279 and novatec hubs from hoops and love them. I was debating between the Kinlin and the Archetype build and Brent recommend the Kinlin. I'm 185 and there is zero flex in these wheels when sprinting or hammering a climb. The hubs roll forever. My next bike will have wheels from hoopswheels too. Brent is a great guy to deal with and the wheels are fantastic. Give him a call or send him an email and you'll get a quick response.
SCH,
I have the same wheels. I'm 205 and they are pretty damn stiff under me as well. Novatec's are smooth as all get out, and very subtly match my LOOK's paint scheme. I know Brent said he could build a stiffer wheel because of the offset on this hub.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Defboob,

I was skeptical at first because the other builders I was looking at were at least $100-150 higher for their similar build. As soon as I called Brent, I knew I was going to buy hoopswheels. Now I'm anxiously awaiting his road test of the 23x50 carbon clincher he's talking about on twitter. It would be nice to get a demo set to try out in the rolling hills of SC.

·
Registered
2,776 Posts
9W9W

I feel good knowing a bigger guy can't flex these wheels.
Careful. We must be coming across as a bunch of raving fan-boys. I'm sure there's some flex, but its imperceptible. I'm coming off of poorly tensioned Mavic Aksiums which flexed pad to pad on climbs.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks to everyone for their input! I'm a pavement busting 220 or so, I was thinking about going with the 28x32 build. It's between these and ROL Volant R/T's and I'm leaning heavily (insert pun here..) toward the Hoops!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.