Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
tdiclub Member
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought an Ambrosio chrono F20/ record/ DT rev 32h wheelset for training. I nailed a nice hop in it that is unrepairable to perfection. The wheelset weighed 1405g.
I weigh 144lbs and have never had an issue with wheels, aside from minor true. Was this a fluke/ bad build or was it the components and/ or rough roads.
My trusted lbs simply said I was training on good racing wheels and handed me a DT Swiss RR 1450 wheelset for cost, $300.

what to do?

many thanks.

·
Premium Member
15,996 Posts
It happens. I did that to a set of Velocities; I never did figure out exactly what I hit, a pothole or a speedbump or something. The LBS got them back into round as best he could, and I just left it like that.

I guess that's why we train on the cheap wheels, eh?

·
wheelbuilder
2,220 Posts
kannas said:
I bought an Ambrosio chrono F20/ record/ DT rev 32h wheelset for training. I nailed a nice hop in it that is unrepairable to perfection. The wheelset weighed 1405g.
I weigh 144lbs and have never had an issue with wheels, aside from minor true. Was this a fluke/ bad build or was it the components and/ or rough roads.
My trusted lbs simply said I was training on good racing wheels and handed me a DT Swiss RR 1450 wheelset for cost, $300.

what to do?

many thanks.
F20s are wet noodles. Swap out for Velocity escapes or Mavic Reflex rims. They are far more sturdy. You could even go with the Nemisis from Ambro.

-Eric

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.