Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone a bit surprised that Lotto isn't putting Horner among their classics riders (looks like he's in the tour prep group). Horner should be a solid classics rider-good power climber, good tactics, good finish (not pure sprint but still good in a small group) sort of Dekker like. Lotto hasn't been much of a presence so far in the classics...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,561 Posts
stevesbike said:
Anyone a bit surprised that Lotto isn't putting Horner among their classics riders (looks like he's in the tour prep group). Horner should be a solid classics rider-good power climber, good tactics, good finish (not pure sprint but still good in a small group) sort of Dekker like. Lotto hasn't been much of a presence so far in the classics...
For the Ardennes classics he'll probably be there but I don't think he would have done much in Flanders or Roubaix.
 

·
gastarbeiter
Joined
·
1,513 Posts
Agreed.

he's at the Vuelta al Pais Vasco right now, and even had a half hearted attempt at an attack yesterday. The race is a perfect, and IIRC traditional, prep race for the AG & Ardennes classics.



Dwayne Barry said:
For the Ardennes classics he'll probably be there but I don't think he would have done much in Flanders or Roubaix.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,808 Posts
botto said:
Agreed.

he's at the Vuelta al Pais Vasco right now, and even had a half hearted attempt at an attack yesterday. The race is a perfect, and IIRC traditional, prep race for the AG & Ardennes classics.
The said they interviewed him today and Chris was saying he just didn't have the legs.

Maybe age is catching up on him?
 

·
Not Banned
Joined
·
49,013 Posts
he'd be an Ardennes guy

this is where Tour riders show 'classics form' . R-V-V and P-R are more the domain of the 'hard men' and the risk of season ending injuries is far higher.
 
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Top