Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OKAY. TRUTH BE TOLD , I cannot stand my wife. She drinks, ingests copius amounts of pain pills, and chain smokes cigarettes., She verbally hurts me by calling me fat. I also cannot stand her lazy red headed son. Her son is borderline retarded. I dream of buying a nice road bike so I can train and get thinner. I want to get thin and svelte so I can cheat on my fat old nag of a wife.
i am making preparations for divorce.I am hiding my money. I want to spend a large chunk on a Halo bike. Which one should I get?

·
Darling of The Lounge
4,834 Posts
You have more issues than a pleasant ride can solve.

Sounds like you have found yourself trapped in a world-sized cage and feel you are the only victim in this mess.

Why does your wife drink? And how does getting thin and commiting adultry make you a better person?

You have a lot of personal probelms to face head-on as an adult and not ride of into the sunset trying to escape them.

·
Registered
341 Posts

Sounds like you have found yourself trapped in a world-sized cage and feel you are the only victim in this mess.

Why does your wife drink? And how does getting thin and commiting adultry make you a better person?

You have a lot of personal problems to face head-on as an adult and not ride of into the sunset trying to escape them.
Well said!!! Repped. 100% Agree. Sounds like more problems on both sides than a ride can fix. Don't bail on your family, get them and yourself some help.

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
OKAY. TRUTH BE TOLD , I cannot stand my wife. She drinks, ingests copius amounts of pain pills, and chain smokes cigarettes., She verbally hurts me by calling me fat. I also cannot stand her lazy red headed son. Her son is borderline retarded. I dream of buying a nice road bike so I can train and get thinner. I want to get thin and svelte so I can cheat on my fat old nag of a wife.
i am making preparations for divorce.I am hiding my money. I want to spend a large chunk on a Halo bike. Which one should I get?
A new bike should easily solve all of these issues.

·
Registered
6,020 Posts

You have a lot of personal probelms to face head-on as an adult and not ride of into the sunset trying to escape them.
This ^^.

·
Not a rocket surgeon.
9,402 Posts

You sound like a real saint to live with. I mean, everyone goes out and spills this on the interweb dont they?

Do us a favor and dont get a bike. The last thing I need is hearing this crapola out on a ride somewhere.

·
Registered
6,880 Posts
You are not alone. Fact is 2 out of 3 Americans will end up divorcing at some point.
Go ahead and complete the divorce ASAP.

Hopefully...
1) you are not married to her for that long (lessen the alimony damages)
2) you are not a rich guy (no serious lawyer is going to take on her case if they see that the other spouse is some poor sob without much money in the bank)

The sooner you get out of this mess, the sooner you are on your way to recovery. I will assume that by now, you've PLENTY of advices and opinions from your family and relatives and friends. I'll bet they all run the "try to work it out" bs. It's apparent you have reached the point of no return, and divorce is your only way out. Do it then, asap. If you guys don't have much shared assets nor kids together, then the dissolution should be quick.

In the meantime, go get yourself a reasonable low end bike (not a mid- or high- end one). It is exactly in this time of darkness that cycling will help clear your mind. Go out and cycle, that in itself is a healing process.

In conclusion, trailer trash wife needs to go.

[Edit]:

if this post was by a woman saying the same thing about her husband, I'll bet everyone will rally around the woman, telling her to dump her husband. You all will be giving her advice on how to go about restoring her life back. But because the OP is a guy, we apply a different standard. So what will it be?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Get a crappy bike but pretend its the most important thing in your life. Make her focus on that as a contentious possession. Oh and get some self esteem. Man up, eat foods that boost testosterone and claim the Alpha spot in your life or the next chick you meet will more than likely treat you the same.

I hate hearing from people that "all men/women are the same" the only thing that remains the same unless you change it is you. Leaving one bad situation is only an opportunity to make changes in yourself.

·
Registered
6,020 Posts
You are not alone. Fact is 2 out of 3 Americans will end up divorcing at some point.
Go ahead and complete the divorce ASAP.

Hopefully...
1) you are not married to her for that long (lessen the alimony damages)
2) you are not a rich guy (no serious lawyer is going to take on her case if they see that the other spouse is some poor sob without much money in the bank)

The sooner you get out of this mess, the sooner you are on your way to recovery. I will assume that by now, you've PLENTY of advices and opinions from your family and relatives and friends. I'll bet they all run the "try to work it out" bs. It's apparent you have reached the point of no return, and divorce is your only way out. Do it then, asap. If you guys don't have much shared assets nor kids together, then the dissolution should be quick.

In the meantime, go get yourself a reasonable low end bike (not a mid- or high- end one). It is exactly in this time of darkness that cycling will help clear your mind. Go out and cycle, that in itself is a healing process.

In conclusion, trailer trash wife needs to go.

[Edit]:

if this post was by a woman saying the same thing about her husband, I'll bet everyone will rally around the woman, telling her to dump her husband. You all will be giving her advice on how to go about restoring her life back. But because the OP is a guy, we apply a different standard. So what will it be?
I don't think anybody is thinking this person should stay with his partner, but to do the responsible thing and ensure that his responsibilities are taken care of first instead of bailing.

Man or women, I would never condone adultery, nor would I recommend that the person start hiding money unless that person is not working and will be the provider of any children.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Talk to a counselor. He will help you grow some b***s. The hardest thing is actually deciding to file.

Don't get divorced in a joint property state like California. Establish residency in a fair division of property state like Wyoming(?) or Texas(?). Alimony is rare these days at least in the good states for divorce. The stereotype that she gets the kids and all of the money is less true than it once was.

Discuss this with a divorce lawyer but don't tell your wife you're doing it.

You know what you want so why ask people on a bicycling forum what to do? Don't take advice from random people on the internet.

·
Registered
626 Posts
This can't be serious. The screen name and and marriage solution just don't align. If one knows how to draft dodge one should know how to wife dodge. Pack up only the stuff you need, drain the bank account, and hit the highway.

I am calling "Shenanigans".

1 - 20 of 70 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.