Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Still hard as hell. I've never drunk more and peed less on a ride.

I do appreciate all that the organizers do every year. The food available for family and friends at the top was a great addition. So was the beer. Thank you. I do wish we could go back to chip timing. Just include the chips in the goody bag, the way it's done at the Assault on Mt. Mitchell.

Very reliable, safe route markings and warnings this year. Great job, especially given the recent weather.

Please, though, in future don't promise to have E-caps at the rest stops and then not follow through.

Anyone know who won the PowerTaps? Were we supposed to wait around for the drawing?

Congrats to all Vikiings!

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Disposable timing chip

I just heard about the "D-Tag" system form a company called ChronoTrack. The chips are apparently supper cheap and disposable and are issued as part of the bib number.

Why can't HHH use this?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
"Challenge Ride"

There are rides and there are "challenge rides." At 120 miles and 10,000 feet of climbing, this is a route designed to test you. How seriously do we take tests that are never graded?

It is less of an event now that you can't see how your buddies did; show them how you did; and - most important - compare yourself to last year's you.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Indeed! Ride the Dairyland Dare This Weekend 8/16

The weather looks great. low 58, high 78, 4 mph wind. partly cloudy.

We're still taking sign ups. The cost is $105 and will be until race day.

More info at http://www.dairylanddare.com

I must add, the Dairyland Dare shares only a few road with the HHH. Come out and see if there is a new toughest ride in the midwest.

Use the code "FREEGAS" to get $20 off when registering.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.