Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
goodbye fraudriguez
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
He appears to be ready to bolt from Disco...

Leif Hoste is close to leaving Discovery Channel at the end of the season, reports sportwereld.be. The Belgian, who finished second in the Ronde van Vlaanderen and virtually second in Paris-Roubaix (but was disqualified for going through a train crossing), has better financial offers from five different teams: Davitamon-Lotto, Unibet.com, and three French ProTour squads.

"I've still not made a decision and am leaving the work up to my manager," Hoste was quoted as saying. But Discovery said that it will not match the offers of the other teams: "We didn't do it for Livingston, nor for Leipheimer, Hamilton, Boonen or Roberto Heras," said Johan Bruyneel. "That's not our style. But of course it's disappointing that he goes now at the moment that the time is ripe with Leif."

·
Former Roadbikereview Editor
Steelman Eurocross bike
3,151 Posts
How much is he getting paid currently? Anybody know?

He looks like the real deal. $1 million dollars. mu-ha-ha.

He better learn from his bonehead moves this year though.

francois

·
NeoRetroGrouch
6,493 Posts
francois said:
How much is he getting paid currently? Anybody know?

He looks like the real deal. $1 million dollars. mu-ha-ha.

He better learn from his bonehead moves this year though.

francois
Bonehead moves? I thought he was auditioning. - TF

·
Not Banned
49,249 Posts
my guess is Davitamon Lotto

as P-V-P is getting old and they need a real contender for the classics. He'll want to be on a Belgian squad and he definitely has the skills. Downside to him (via his auditions) is he doesn't appear to be a great 'team player'. I doubt this will matter to D-L as they don't have many other leaders for such events. Though if he pulled that kinda move on P-V-P (that he did on Hincapie) his days may be numbered.

·
Call me a Fred
17,025 Posts
His career would be better served on another team. Discovery is still focused on TDF and Lief is a classics style rider.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.