Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Nice Lugs!

Do you have a wall big enough so you could frame that, hang it up, and just look at it? That is a work of art! Verrrry Nice!

·
Downhill Juggernaut
1,673 Posts
That is beyond beautiful. Wow, those colors are breathtaking. I would have never picked that on my own... but now that I've seen them. That's not Hot Chocolate, that's Sexual Chocolate!

At least I know what color my next bike should be now. Forget about British Racing Green!

·
Power Napper
2,853 Posts
Pearls and now chocolate.

Miss M is one lucky lady. That bike looks positively yummy and I'll bet the ride is creamy smooth too.

She'll love it.

·
Premium Member
21,853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well since you are going to be off the bike for a while.....

Arby said:
...I wish I was Mrs.MB1. In a very un-gay way.

Beautious paint job on that bike!

Arby.
A couple of rolls of brown and cream electricians tape, an exacto knife and a lot of spare time and the Pista could be looking pretty sporty too.

Get well soon.

BTW how the heck are you going to get around town while you heal????

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
MB1 said:
BTW how the heck are you going to get around town while you heal????
I plan on taking a week off. When I do go back to work, I'll have to get a ride from coworkers, fiance's, or rely on public transportation.

Just got off the phone with the Surgeon actually; I've been rescheduled for a week later! Looks like I'll have one more week on the bike afterall! (ow)

Arby

·
Premium Member
21,853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I don't know if her old used Brooks will match all that well....

fastfullback said:
My question is, do you try to find a Brooks that will match? Or do you punt and go with the black saddle and tape?
...but she is not about to use any other saddle.

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
fastfullback said:
My question is, do you try to find a Brooks that will match? Or do you punt and go with the black saddle and tape?
i've heard of people sanding down the brooks saddle and refinishing it with a custom die... don't know where i heard that or how, but i'm sure a leather expert could work something for you.

·
Non non normal
10,183 Posts
Is this a replacement for one of her bikes or an addition to the stable?

I like the color, you don't see it on a bunch of bikes.

·
A Canadian in Sweden
6,136 Posts
Very nice MB. Miss M will love it. Any idea what components Miss M will get with it? Shimano / Campagnolo? Wheels? Accessories?
Cheers, Wayne

·
Premium Member
21,853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
bigrider said:
Is this a replacement for one of her bikes or an addition to the stable?

I like the color, you don't see it on a bunch of bikes.
It is the Rivendell she has had for 40,000+ miles repainted. It was way past time to restore the beauty.

·
Bacon!
9,193 Posts
Good as new and even prettier. I like it MB. Now, put a big pink and gold bow on it and you'll be set :).

·
Commuter :: Beaverton, OR
31 Posts
Cost?

If you don't mind me asking, approximately how much does a paint job like that cost? ...or even a basic repainting? It will obviously vary by location and condition of the bike, but generally speaking...?

·
Premium Member
21,853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Sven said:
If you don't mind me asking, approximately how much does a paint job like that cost? ...or even a basic repainting? It will obviously vary by location and condition of the bike, but generally speaking...?
You can get a bike frame repainted by the Color Factory for less than $150. This was a whole lot more expensive than that even at wholesale that I paid (I work part time in a shop just for that reason).

·
remodeling...me
4,177 Posts
Stunning

That is really good looking! Are you putting any new components on or reinstalling the originals? Where did you have it repainted? The color choice is amazing, wow.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.