·
Soon to be banned
14,475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dang, it was 90+ degrees b4 8a today...

·
Zaphod Beeblebrox
2,799 Posts
you know it's hot when the chickens lay hard boiled eggs.

·
Master debator.
8,761 Posts
We recorded a record 88 dew point last week. Right now a 68 dew point feels great!

·
Registered
15,615 Posts
Was 85 around 7am; going up to 101 for a new record; heat index (whatever that is) 115.

As Lewis Black would say, "What's this about it being 88 but it 'feels like' 95? If it feels like 95, then it IS 95!!"

In any case, haven't gone running all week. Even in the morning, it's too damn hot. And screw the lawn, it's too dried-up to mow.

·
I ride in circles..
4,645 Posts
Nearly 100* here yesterday... I rode in it.. 1 hour ride... drank 3 water bottles... felt delirious after... still lost weight from sweating. Note to self.. Don't ride when it's that freaking hoooot.

·
half-fast
7,377 Posts
It is pretty bad. I only had one contractor (2 men) show up today. I am hoping they leave early. We'll see. The insurance inspector was here this morning in a shirt and tie. I thought he might melt.

I looked up the weather, and it was in a red band. No temp. reading. It just said holy $h!t.

It must be 105 on the concrete in the sun. maybe more.

·
Registered
2,812 Posts
I thought this thread was going to be about my looks.

·
Registered
5,669 Posts
The heat index was 107 when I rode in this morning. The ride home will be interesting. They're saying upwards to 120. Maybe I should have taken the train ...

·
Registered
2,812 Posts
I don’t know why the guys are complaining. Have you been outside? Have you looked out your windows? Do you see how the womenz are dressed? Bring on the heat! More heat please!

·
Adorable Furry Hombre
30,792 Posts
The heat index was 107 when I rode in this morning. The ride home will be interesting. They're saying upwards to 120. Maybe I should have taken the train ...
Yea, we had that crap for the last week, fun isn't it? Yesterday and today we have temps that are downright chilly, it is under90F outside right no and it is almost noon.

·
Fierce Pancake
3,817 Posts
I was out riding at 7am this morning, it was already nearly 100F. My record this year is 49.7C (121F). I hope to see 50C on my bike at least once this summer.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts