Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Game on, b*tches!
Joined
·
13,467 Posts
What it really needs is a fake convertible top and white wall tires. Then it would be smokin'!
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
19,519 Posts
I've seen one of these cars driving around on the streets where I live. It's just a regular bright yellow color though. I've seen it twice. Must be the same car. It's tiny.
 

·
Beetpull DeLite
Joined
·
12,756 Posts
Gross! Elises are beautiful cars, as long as they're not painted like a tiger. I saw a dark grey one in Cincy one time...very nice.
 

·
here comes trouble
Joined
·
10,045 Posts
il sogno said:
I've seen one of these cars driving around on the streets where I live. It's just a regular bright yellow color though. I've seen it twice. Must be the same car. It's tiny.
Yeah. They're teeeeny. I was walking home one day and saw three guys staring and talking about a car in the parking lot I was going through. I stopped and asked what all the commotion was about and they were like - it's a Lotus, man! Haven't you ever heard of a lotus? I told 'em the car's size was probably in direct proportion to the owner's... well, you know. They got a kick out of that.
 

·
Polka Power
Joined
·
1,346 Posts
Aww....please don't do that.....

I love those cars. I just got a chance to drive one for about an hour last week. SOOO much fun. It's pretty comfy once you are in it, but getting in and out is a bit tough. I'm 6ft tall and felt fine.

Light...fast fast fast...29mpg...etc. My kinda car. The one I drove was a much more proper British racing green with honey/tan interior.

It makes pretty much any modern "sports" car feel like a tank. If I had the cash I would buy one...but only after I bought an old Lotus 7 remake.
 

·
here comes trouble
Joined
·
10,045 Posts
I was just tryin to make those guys feel better about whatever piece of crap they drive. :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,720 Posts
ChuckUni said:
Aww....please don't do that.....

I love those cars. I just got a chance to drive one for about an hour last week. SOOO much fun. It's pretty comfy once you are in it, but getting in and out is a bit tough. I'm 6ft tall and felt fine.

Light...fast fast fast...29mpg...etc. My kinda car. The one I drove was a much more proper British racing green with honey/tan interior.

It makes pretty much any modern "sports" car feel like a tank. If I had the cash I would buy one...but only after I bought an old Lotus 7 remake.
It is definitely not fun to get in an out of.... my buddy has one and I liked his Espirit much better. It would be great to autocross in...
 

·
Polka Power
Joined
·
1,346 Posts
handsomerob said:
It is definitely not fun to get in an out of.... my buddy has one and I liked his Espirit much better. It would be great to autocross in...
Although I don't have as much experience with them I never really liked the Espirit much....weird driving position and not as responsive (turbo v-8).. The late 80s supercar look never did it for me either. Very different cars.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,079 Posts
Lotus 7 remake? It isn't a remake. They never stopped building them!!! That is a lovely little car. I wouldn't mind a 23B either.
 
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top