Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
14,713 Posts
I have no specific recommendations on the garment you're seeking (I'd call them "tights"), but a couple of questions/ suggestions.

- Sunscreen isn't enough protection? You didn't say, but I assume you have considered and rejected that, for whatever reason. IME there are sunscreens that stay on for a long time even with heavy sweating (I like Bullfrog Gel).

- You may be over-estimating the problem of leggings slipping down. I don't wear sunsleeves, but I often wear leg warmers in cool weather, and I have no problem with them slipping, if (1) they fit right (which may require alteration, but they are the easiest garment to alter); and (2) they have good grippers inside and out (which you can improve with a judicious application of some silicone sealant). Since you're trying to be economical, you might want to give the legsleeves a try. Another advantage of leggings separate from the shorts, as opposed to long pants with a chamois, is you don't have to wash them after every ride, which is nice if you ride several days in a row and want to save up the laundry.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts