Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
wut?
14,590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I am probably more scared of these things than anything else I can think of. Period.

When I see one of these, I will literally jump onto a chair.

Yick.

·
Resident Dutchbag
11,864 Posts
Quit yer whining, they eats all the other bugs in your house so they oughta be your buddies. They bite humans too.:D

·
Zeppelin/Ultegra Rider
930 Posts
Scotty2Hotty said:

I am probably more scared of these things than anything else I can think of. Period.

When I see one of these, I will literally jump onto a chair.

Yick.
House centipede: the Chuck Norris of the bug world?

·
Registered
5,627 Posts
How about these?

We have lots of cave crickets living in our cellar, and they like to come up to visit.

My wife absolutely hates them. And we cannot get the dogs to eat them.

·
midnight melon mounter
6,621 Posts
Eww

I get those things in the shower. They eat the hairs out of the soap, so they're an important part of the circle of life.

·
Fini les ecrase-"manets"!
9,416 Posts
lousylegs said:
We have lots of cave crickets living in our cellar, and they like to come up to visit.

We've had some massive cave crickets in the past--now that the band rehearses down there, we don't see them much anymore.

For a long time, we'd find little circles of their legs, but no bodies, as though the body had been eaten, and the legs left where they fell. We assumed the cat was eating them, until we realized that she was afraid of them (she's afraid of EVERYTHING, so it's no suprise). It was a mystery until one day I went down there and happened to see a few of the critters huddled together. They were eating one of their own, and when they were done, we were left with the circle of legs.

Cave crickets is cannibals!

·
wut?
14,590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
lousylegs said:

I've never seen that before, luckily.

·
wut?
14,590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
rogger said:
Quit yer whining, they eats all the other bugs in your house so they oughta be your buddies. They bite humans too.:D
I know, they eat flies and earwigs and other nasties.

Venom fangs todafice.

·
Palm trees & sunshine!
24,200 Posts
GirchyGirchy said:
That thar's a thousand-legger!
I'm with Scotty. I see one them MFers and I scream like a girl and run the other way while throwing shoes, kids, SOs and anything else I can grab at it on my way out the door.

·
Resident Dutchbag
11,864 Posts
Alex-in-Evanston said:
I get those things in the shower. They eat the hairs out of the soap, so they're an important part of the circle of life.
I just threw up a little.

·
Registered
5,627 Posts
well, other than being canibals, they are pretty harmless, just have long antenae, and they can jump pretty high. My wife claims they attack her (yes, just a little paranoid), and they do seem to like to hide in the shower and jump out when you step into it.

For me, silverfish are what really freak me out.

·
Resident Dutchbag
11,864 Posts
lousylegs said:
For me, silverfish are what really freak me out.
WTF? They are tiny and they run away like smelly frenchies. It's wasps that do it for me. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
5,627 Posts
rogger said:
WTF? They are tiny and they run away like smelly frenchies. It's wasps that do it for me. :rolleyes:
well, maybe it was not a silverfish, I thought it was, but I once saw this spindly legged bug, kind of cross between a spider and a dust ball, and for some reason, it just made my toes curl up and gaver me the willies.

Kind of like seeing a snake skeleton on the beach, don't know why, but those just completely freak me out.

·
Resident Dutchbag
11,864 Posts
lousylegs said:
well, maybe it was not a silverfish, I thought it was, but I once saw this spindly legged bug, kind of cross between a spider and a dust ball, and for some reason, it just made my toes curl up and gaver me the willies.

Kind of like seeing a snake skeleton on the beach, don't know why, but those just completely freak me out.
Motherf*ckers like this zooming round your head I don't like either.

And these Nazis will give chase to sting you and when they do it hurts like h*ll and it often causes a nasty infection. Bastids.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
gahdammit I hate bugs.......

·
Registered
5,627 Posts
Scotty2Hotty said:
Yick. A bee flew in my helmet last summer. I almost fell. Son of a *****es.
Scotty, do they have the 17-year cicadas (sp?) up by chicago? If not, those things are amazing, for about a month, every 17 years, the ground is literally covered in the big, dumb bugs. About 2 inches long, and they cannot fly for shite.

About 2 years ago was when they last hatched, I was riding and had one fly into my helmet, along with several that bounced off my glasses and bike, etc.

·
chica cyclista
2,842 Posts
wrong!

GirchyGirchy said:
That thar's a thousand-legger!
Girchy what hillbilly universe you from anyways? That ain't no thousand-legger you iggerant yokel!

THIS is a thousand-legger. aka millipede.

·
wut?
14,590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
lousylegs said:
Scotty, do they have the 17-year cicadas (sp?) up by chicago? If not, those things are amazing, for about a month, every 17 years, the ground is literally covered in the big, dumb bugs. About 2 inches long, and they cannot fly for shite.

About 2 years ago was when they last hatched, I was riding and had one fly into my helmet, along with several that bounced off my glasses and bike, etc.
Yeah, I remember we got those when I was a kid. Gross.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.