Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

Houston, Derby One has landed.

2K views 12 replies 5 participants last post by  FlynG 
#1 ·
#4 ·
Now! My friend Ben came over last night and helped me swap parts over. I'm still tweaking the front fender and bell mount. I need a few leather washers etc. Next I have a couple of Iris cages on the list for Father's Day then should be about there. Initial pedal around to cul de sac last night was GREAT!

Here you go Dave....
View attachment 168115

View attachment 168116

View attachment 168117

View attachment 168118

View attachment 168119

A bit to go yet but I think I'll give it a short ride this afternoon for a shake down cruise.
Flyn G

#6 ·
Dave Hickey said:
Stunning....We have to get together for a fixie ride...maybe meet half way?
I'd love to. But Texarkanna in July??? This wouldn't be a plot to give me a heat stroke and steal my frame would it?

You need to come over to the Rock and we'll do a fixie tour of the River Trail. There would be the possiblilty of a micro brewery or two (one has free tours on Sat afternoons) in the downtown area, there are a couple of Pubs that aren't too bad, and there is this place called the Flying Saucer that has about a 100 different brews from all over the world to choose from. I think I can find a way to cool down from a summer fixie ride!

Flyn G

#7 ·
FlynG said:
I'd love to. But Texarkanna in July??? This wouldn't be a plot to give me a heat stroke and steal my frame would it?

You need to come over to the Rock and we'll do a fixie tour of the River Trail. There would be the possiblilty of a micro brewery or two (one has free tours on Sat afternoons) in the downtown area, there are a couple of Pubs that aren't too bad, and there is this place called the Flying Saucer that has about a 100 different brews from all over the world to choose from. I think I can find a way to cool down from a summer fixie ride!

Flyn G

you have a deal....road trip:)

#8 ·
Dave Hickey said:
you have a deal....road trip:)
Done, check with your people and I'll check with my people and we will come up with a day.

I'll take one for the team and start researching the watering holes to make sure they are up to your undoubtably high standards.

Flyn G

#10 ·
LOLZ, yeah we will have to swap some back and forth (not coade). You need to plan on bringing your MTB too if possible. We could do the Vista or Womble one morning too.

If you have a MTBR account look in the AR section for Vista Trail more in the Kids forum too. Why don't we have a kids/family forum here? Not in the Lounge "here" God knows what kind of warped pervs that would produce!

We just spent a few days camped out on the lake over there. Seriously good stuff to ride on. Kinda on the way going back and forth. (again not caode)

Flyn G

#11 ·
Dave Hickey said:
Cool....I just notice you are using eggbeaters....I'm using them on my
3Rensho too..That's the bike I'm bringing so I'll have the proper cleats.........and your bike fits me...and it's red.....just sayin:)
Um, red flag alert!
Leavin' a red lugged fixie that fits, anywhere near Dave is extremely dangerous!

So, you better let me guard it. :D

#12 ·
FlynG said:
...There would be the possiblilty of a micro brewery or two (one has free tours on Sat afternoons) in the downtown area, there are a couple of Pubs that aren't too bad, and there is this place called the Flying Saucer that has about a 100 different brews from all over the world to choose from. I think I can find a way to cool down from a summer fixie ride!
Flyn G
Where are you talking about? Sounds ideal.

#13 ·
StillKeen said:
Where are you talking about? Sounds ideal.
The downtown areas of Little Rock and North Little Rock.

I'll let Dave set the date and distance prefered as he would be traveling in for it. Maybe this could turn into a regional get together???

Flyn G

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.