Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lets have them kidies. There was snow on the ground but what a great day. At least the road was smooth and not as windy or raining as last year eh!

·
Registered
65 Posts
The Sunday Cat. 5 race was slow and uneventful...the winner has a hellacious sprint but he did gouge a pedal on the last turn and almost went down. There was a local kid named Travis who I guess won the sat road race...not real smart, was on the front alot during the crit and didn't place (probably cuz everyone was yelling for him). It was a great day for racing. I heard there was a big crash in the Sat Cat 5 race with broken bones.

·
The Edge
205 Posts
Cat 4 dissappointed

I prefer crits and really found myself out of my element doing the road races last weekend. On Saturday I had great positioning going into the group sprint and started my wind-up when someone infront of me just sat up!! I had to slam on the breaks to keep from ramming him. I almost went over the handlebars myself. I then acted like a big baby by telling him to stay out of my way. You should know with only 400m to go whether or not you have a sprint in you.

Sunday was no better. I couldn't stay near the front no matter what. I would ride to the front, a guy would jump in front of me, slow down, 20 people would zoom by before I could get around him, and this process would repeat for 45 minutes constantly.

Amazing thing though is that this is the first time we've gone all weekend without a crash in the Cat 4s.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts