Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
hooligan21
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok just would like to get some feedback please, I'm saving as we speak to buy a descent CF bike, obviously i'd like a pinarello or a nice colnago but the reality is that it will take me for ever to save up nearly $4,000 for a nice bike like the ones i mention, also is it mostly just the name on the frame or what but i find the Fuji to be a lot cheaper and also look really nice, more affordable from performance than to go to any snobbish lbs to get a really expensive name brand, what do you lot think about this, honest answers please.

·
Registered
829 Posts
I bought a Fuji Altamira 3.0 from them a couple of weeks ago. $1399 for a full carbon bike with 105 is a great deal. Plus you get at least 10% back in store credit, which will cover shoes and pedals. I would ride the Altamira, the SST and the Grand Fondo and see what fits you the best. I also test rode a Felt Z85, aluminum and a Cannondale CAAD8, also aluminum and they are no heavier then the entry level carbon bikes, and ride just as smooth. I would have been 100% happy with either, except I jumped on the Fuji when Performance had their 30% back weekend

·
hooligan21
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for the input, yep I'm leaning towards the fuji myself, don't really like the idea of spending lots of money on a bike just cause it says pinarello on it or any other famous brand at the end it's just a sticker innit.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.