Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

· Just Riding Along
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found the RBR classifieds via Google search when I was looking to buy a used road bike in 2002. A few weeks and a few clicks later, I found the forums...

· Spicy Dumpling
9,723 Posts
Oddly enough I was on AudioReview often checking on audio equipment. When I got back into riding I went to MTBR and then here to RBR a couple of years later when I got a road bike.

I have no idea how I got sucked into the lounge.

· Registered
783 Posts
Way Back Then

First time back in 90's when I was living in North Carolina. Then dropped off the scencefor a couple of years. Then Back on in 2005 under new user name Abiciriderback. first name was just abicirider.

Can't let go of this site what fun would it be with out all the abuse:D

Ray Still

793 Posts
When? Don't remember....sometime in the last millenium. I remember Roadies rejoice on MTBR, but I don't think I made the jump until RBR was off on it's own.

How? Found MTBR....then started reading reviews and found the forums on RBR.

I find it funny, how there seems to be no overlap between the folks writing reviews on RBR and the folks posting in forums. Of course, I can't even remember the last time I've looked at a component review on RBR.

· Registered
2,673 Posts
came here to read the road bike reviews. The number of forums were small, maybe 3 total then a year or so later the they had grown, the number of manufactuers forums went from 5 to like 20 or so. That was 4-5 years ago maybe longer. it's a blur........

· Overweight, aging athlete
63 Posts
Maturity...

I was looking for a more mature forum to help improve my cycling and develope better riding habits...I stayed any way and enjoy the "maturity". This forum is always a lot of fun and I'm always worried why other roadies don't always say hi and wave.
Signed,
I'm So Serious

· Banned forever.....or not
24,573 Posts
It was a cold and rainy night when I first stumbled onto RBR. I had reservations about signing up and spilling my private opinions at a place like this, but before I could get away, I got a message that if I signed up now, someone would call me on the phone and talk dirty to me...........It never happened......I'm such a sucker.

· Super Moderator
19,599 Posts
I had got my Colnago in 2000. In the year or so afterwards my husband and I were at our LBS and heard someone talking about RBR. We got online and checked it out.

I lurked here for a while until July of 2002 when I found some topic I just couldn't shut up about. I signed up and the rest as they say, is history.

· Devoid of all flim-flam
7,366 Posts
It was the year 2000. I was searching down reviews on Colnagos and came upon the site. Back then, there was only a single forum. Eight years on the forum and I've finally passed 2000 posts.

· Bacon!
9,193 Posts
I was too drunk to remember when or how, but I think it involved MTBR, some good vodka, and a dream of going faster. I'm still slow :(.

· Registered
6,422 Posts
For me..

2004 I think it was, mostly because I wanted to flame someone who made a stupid comment about a road race my team helped put on locally. Something about "Why don't we get t-shirts like at a 5k race?" Ah runners, they no understand bike racing. At all.

· Slightly Opinionated
10,402 Posts
Not even sure when the join date was. I just clicked over here when I was checking out road bike info. I didn't even seriously ride the road much, but it feels like it's really grown on me a lot in the past couple of years.

· il miglior fabbro
273 Posts
Whatever became of ...

Kristen who had the rapt attention of all the fine young dudes offering advice on what to look for in a new road bike? Or that "greasemonkey" guy who used to snarl a lot? Is that you Grumpy? Not that it matters ... just wonderin'.
Like a few others here, it would appear, I stumbled upon the joint while doing research for my Colnago MxL back in 2000. It was well established then so I think it began in '99 or so. I went by RoyGBiv, until they changed the format, got frustrated and lost interest. Not sure why I came back in 2005 - probably bored at work. Good to see it's still a lively community.

· Resident Curmudgeon
13,390 Posts
I was looking for a review on something. Don't remember what, bit I probably found the site through Google. I think that was sometime in 2005.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.