Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm coming back to Ontario for about 2 weeks to visit my family and I would like to get some road time in. Any idea on the conditions of the roads in Hamilton and Brantford area?

I've got full fenders so I am not too worried about the salt or rain, but is there still snow and how is the gravel situation?

Simon

·
MTBR Member
2,908 Posts
I'm in Ancaster. There is lots of good riding in Dundas/Hamilton.

Roads are pretty good. The rain has done a good job of washing the salt away, and I don't think there will be any snow left at all after this weekend, other than some areas that in the woods that never see the sun. Yeah, there is some gravel on the sides of the road, but that has not been bothering me at all since I've been riding on wider tires (cross or mountain bike).

Check out the pictures from my ride yesterday:

http://forums.roadbikereview.com/showthread.php?t=164982

The area got some scattered showers before my ride.

This was my route for the ride: http://www.mapmyride.com/route/ca/on...r/578219694784

I was hunting down some dirt roads, but the pictures show paved sections as well.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
rkj,

Thanks for the reply. My wife and I will be bringing our bikes with us an hope to get some good miles in when visiting our respective families.

Roads look nice and clear according to your photos. I miss some of those roads...

Simon

·
Registered
728 Posts
Yup I just got back from a 40km. It was really nice. Not too cold, but I'd suggest some gloves and maybe a thin hat under the helmet. Weather is supposed to be great this weekend. Hoping to log some real distance then.
Enjoy the visit!

·
Registered
197 Posts
Weather looks great this weekend 7°C with sun for a few days and into next week. I'm taking the bike off the trainer for good this weekend! Long term forecast looks really good as well. Seasonal or above in temperature and very little precipitation.

Have fun!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts