Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

How are you viewing the Giro d'Italia

  • Not watching

    Votes: 3 3.2%
  • Live internet text reports

    Votes: 15 16.0%
  • OLN weekend TV Coverage

    Votes: 35 37.2%
  • OLN-Cycling.tv Daily Internet Broadcast

    Votes: 37 39.4%
  • European TV

    Votes: 12 12.8%
  • Live, in person

    Votes: 5 5.3%
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Former Roadbikereview Editor
Steelman Eurocross bike
Joined
·
3,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
kyler2001 said:
Watching live on Italian "SKY Sports" and I'll also have to drag myself down to a stage that will be passing near where I'm staying:(
Oh beeee-have! Bring a digicam and share some pics. Podium girl pics...

fc
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
599 Posts
francois said:
What's that?? Is that on DirecTV too? Is it in english?

fc
They weren't available on Direct TV when I was researching a couple years ago-only DISH network could provide all 3 Grand Tours during the season- albeit by picking up RAI and TVE via premium foriegn language packages at what works out to be approx US$25-$30 or so a pop.
I just give them a call the day before and shut off the service at the race's conclusion. The feeds are straight up Italian or Spanish and not difficult to follow after your ears become accustomed (those spaniards sure do use a whole lot of syllables to make up a sentence)and having a printout of team/rider numbers off the net at your side. It's actually quite a welcome relief not to have to hear the endless Lance-drivel during the Giro.
 

·
gastarbeiter
Joined
·
1,524 Posts
pleased to say that i'll not have to pay cash money to watch it on my computer, and have to listen to paul & phil butcher the names of 97% of the peloton.

that said i'll probably only pay attention during the hilly/mountain stages that are suppposed to be decisive. i get kind of bored with the Giro (although that obviously wasn't the case last year ;)).

At least I won't have to put up with having to watch the Tour of Belgium coverage, then getting the last 20-30 minutes of the Giro, like i did in the past :p


francois said:
 

·
Resident Dutchbag
Joined
·
11,941 Posts
botto said:
pleased to say that i'll not have to pay cash money to watch it on my computer, and have to listen to paul & phil butcher the names of 97% of the peloton.

that said i'll probably only pay attention during the hilly/mountain stages that are suppposed to be decisive. i get kind of bored with the Giro (although that obviously wasn't the case last year ;)).

At least I won't have to put up with having to watch the Tour of Belgium coverage, then getting the last 20-30 minutes of the Giro, like i did in the past :p
Sporza will air the Tour of Belgium for sure, I'll just have to fall asleep listening to the mumblings of the Eurosport idiots during those days. Screw the Tour of Belgium, bloody mickey mouse race that it is. :mad:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,514 Posts
caterham said:
I subscribe to DISH network for the ability to get daily television coverage of the Giro on RAI ( ch600 ) and the Vuelta on TVEI in the fall ( requires a Spanish channel package).
Same here. Started with just getting RAI for the Giro, then started it earlier the next year for Milano-San Remo, and this year just left it on the whole time. Every show has some hot chick on it so it beats most of the other things on TV anyway. :) TVEI on Dishnetwork comes with the Latino Playboy for free too so financially it's a bargain.

Last year they started charging fees to connect and disconnect those services so it's a little more expensive than it used to be.

Last I checked a few months ago DirectTV has neither one available though if you call they may tell you they do. When I called to cancel mine to go to Dish the rep swore they had RAI trying to get me to keep it.

Beelinetv.com also has free RAI Sport feeds which show every major race in Italy.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
266 Posts
nope...

Hey Francois,

Its in Italian. I can speak a little Italian so as long as they are talking about the race (or food) I can understand what is going on. You really dont *need* to understand anything. Just the volume and cadence of the announcers is enough to get the message.

I will tape the stages. If you want to borrow any of them (peticularly the big climbing stages) let me know and I will pass them on to Gregg.


-G
 

·
Former Roadbikereview Editor
Steelman Eurocross bike
Joined
·
3,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
goloso said:
Hey Francois,

Its in Italian. I can speak a little Italian so as long as they are talking about the race (or food) I can understand what is going on. You really dont *need* to understand anything. Just the volume and cadence of the announcers is enough to get the message.

I will tape the stages. If you want to borrow any of them (peticularly the big climbing stages) let me know and I will pass them on to Gregg.


-G
Oh I need the commentary.

How else am I going to know that I shouldn't adjust my television when I get picture break-up. Last time that happened and I had the volume down, I immediately went to the roof to adjust my antenna.:D

Gregg's busy changing diapers btw!
fc
 
G

·
telecaster said:
I'll be honeymooning in Italy during the last week so I plan on catching one of the stages live. I'm pretty stoked!
Aren't there more interesting things to do on a honeymoon ;)
Hope your wife enjoys cycling!
 

·
gastarbeiter
Joined
·
1,524 Posts
rogger said:
Sporza will air the Tour of Belgium for sure, I'll just have to fall asleep listening to the mumblings of the Eurosport idiots during those days. Screw the Tour of Belgium, bloody mickey mouse race that it is. :mad:
I thought there was no more Tor of Belgium (and no more Tour of Luxmebourg, and no more Tour de Nederland) and now only one Mickey Mouse race: the Benelux Tour :)
 
1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top