Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just had to share the news with someone as the minister of finance (wife) can't appreciate how excited I am to have laid my hands on an MX Leader. I've been searching for her for close to year.

After riding my Corsa Extra for a couple of years now I have come to understand just what a well built steel frame can do for a rider and make one feel.

As is written in my signature......
“Good bicycles turn effort into emotion. They provide the means to reach, and sometimes exceed, your potential....”

So after finding classic steel merckx enthusiasts on this site and hearing tales of the MX leader, I have been very curious to ride this elusive rig.

Sizing is as Profkrispys MXL: 57 cm seat tube. 56.9 top tube.

Full Record groupset and hubs.

I have yet to take it out as it has only just arrived. I have waited this long so a couple more days will not kill me.

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
A telekom MXL suwheeet!! Your wait was worth it, welcome to the club.

Um, I never give advice unless asked, but IF I was asked, I would say lose the tape and saddle ASAP. The frame sings the color story IMO. Ride pink proudly, you will love this bike! Congrats.

b21

b21

·
Registered
22 Posts
Nice score! I tried for that one myself but the seller didn't want to ship to the US, you're in the UK? Lovely bike in any case...

·
Registered
308 Posts
barry1021 said:
A telekom MXL suwheeet!! Your wait was worth it, welcome to the club.

Um, I never give advice unless asked, but IF I was asked, I would say lose the tape and saddle
b21
I'm reaching here, but the saddle and tape match the Columbus MXL decal...sort of.:eek:

·
Registered
2,649 Posts
White tape, black saddle, and get the Ergo's mounted higher on the bars, and tilt them back down!

I love pink (fuchsia) bikes!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts