Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
your text here
13,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so good friday i check b&h and newegg. the canon xs kit is selling for 505. but i balk, knowing there has to be a new body announcement soon (plus b&h wasnt processing orders over easter/passover).

i look today and its now 525.
w
t
f

·
Captain Obvious
11,876 Posts
go buy a nikon d60 to insure the price goes down for when i get around to buying one.

·
your text here
13,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
tomk96 said:
go buy a nikon d60 to insure the price goes down for when i get around to buying one.
theres a crate of d60 kits at my local sams club. cant recall how much. its either 540 or 640 per kit.
EDIT: its 540

·
eminence grease
18,538 Posts
Butterfly Photo has it for $497.

I use B&H a lot of the time, but I also use Adorama, Abes', Buydig, JR Musicworld, Tristate, 42nd Street, and a host of other highly ranked internet outlets. On my last purchase, I bought the camera at Adorama, a lens at Buydig and the second lens at JR. All free shipping, all +/- $50 savings relative to each other.

Use Pricegrabber.com or Nextag.com and shop, prices vary across these sites on a weekly basis.

·
Windrider (Stubborn)
22,021 Posts
2 Things.

1.) Always put the item you are looking at in the cart at B & H, especially Nikon stuff. Retailers get rebates on products as long as the advertisied price is above a certain level. For instance, the D700 body shows up at $2.999.95 on the site but $2,399,95 when you put it in the cart.

2.) Both Canon & Nikon have raised prices this year as a result of the weakening Yen.

Len

·
Captain Obvious
11,876 Posts
Len J said:
2.) Both Canon & Nikon have raised prices this year as a result of the weakening Yen.

Len
i think you mean dollar.

i'll keep the add to cart thing in mind for stuff tho.

·
still shedding season
8,849 Posts
Len J said:
1.) Always put the item you are looking at in the cart
A lot of sites do that and usually make it pretty obvious when that's the case - IIRC B&H is that way too. Never hurts to check though. Cameta has a store on ebay and amazon where they sell refurbs. Good deals and I can't remember hearing about any problems with them, including when I bought from them.

·
tofurkey hunting
4,733 Posts
buy a voigtlander bessa....hth

·
your text here
13,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
probe1957 said:
Lots of people with DSLR's, even entry level ones, think they have to have the latest. Buy last week's model.
thats whay im looking at the d60 and xs. i knew a few announcements should have been coming, so i waited, thinking prices on those two models would go down.

·
Gruntled
3,737 Posts
It's all the demand from loungers. Macs, hookers, blow, and beets are all going up in price as well.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.