Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I like my bike but it just has the brand all over it. its too much. Does any one know how can I remove the Bianchi logos on bike and fork? Its carbon frame and fork with a black matt finish. They don't look/feel like stickers.

·
Registered
14,713 Posts
what he said, or have the whole frame painted. Whichever, it will either cost a bunch or look terrible (or both). You're right that they're not stickers. They're decals that are put on, and then the clear coat applied over them. Best idea might be to try to get used to it, or stop looking at it so much.

·
'brifter' is f'ing stupid
15,564 Posts
Bianchi wants those to be permanent so like MMs posted above you'd have to sand them off and clear over the carbon OR rattle can over them. Have fun w/ that.

·
coaster
1,051 Posts
You can use a sharpie to carefully make all the white parts gloss black. It'd be a cool, very subdued look to have a matte black finish with black outlines of the logos. You'd only see them up close. Similar to the stock finish on my Santa Cruz.

·
Banned
3,297 Posts
Just put some Trump for Pres bumper stickers over the logos, which will be rad in sort of a hipster ironic way.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well duct tape and stickers are not acceptable. It doesn't look like its clear coated and my understanding is the clear coat doesn't come in matt.
I like the idea of painted them black but not with a sharpie. Maybe there is another option.

·
Los Barriles, BCS, Mexico
1,456 Posts
Lots of carbon bikes with matte clear coat, with or without the decals underneath the clear coat. Calfee and Giant come to mind. Most of the things you can do to remove the decals or diminish their presence won't be pretty.

·
Registered
7,161 Posts
If they're paint, you can sand them off using a block. A block helps ensure that only the high points are removed and minimizes sanding into the adjacent material. The entire frame will then need to be sanded and clear-coated (gloss or matte). It's doable, but it's a lot of work.

·
Banned
3,297 Posts
Boil in acetone.

·
Registered
11,088 Posts
whatever you do will likely take a lot of effort and look like crap.

leave it alone, you won't see the logos that much while you're riding...

·
Banned
3,297 Posts
Just paint the whole thing celeste.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts