Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
had it in the ear before
13,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
when my wife or I have never been there. They certainly withdrew most of our cash causing pending transactions to bounce like a Lions touchdown catch:( Waiting for the bank to open to hopefully resolve the issue and be able to afford lunch and some ketchup soup for dinner.

·
Captain Obvious
11,876 Posts
sorry about that, but i got some great deals.

·
had it in the ear before
13,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
tomk96 said:
sorry about that, but i got some great deals.
u couldnt have gotten very far on the checks i'm cashing.

·
Spicy Dumpling
9,721 Posts
Probably got the number from one of your Pr0n site payments...

Good luck with getting it straightened out. At least if you're hungry you can have pork. (What is the pork equivalent of veal?)..

·
Just Plain Bitter
8,602 Posts
That sucks gut! It happened to me a couple of years ago and the bank I had at the time was great about it. It was Wachovia back then, don't know if Wells Fargo wold handle it as well today.

·
Windrider (Stubborn)
22,021 Posts
Why are you waiting for the bank to open? There should be a number on the back of the card to call.

Len

·
donuts?
8,945 Posts
this happened to me - but instead of a bank, it was a credit union. they took care of the matter and put the funds back into my account, covered the over draft fees, and waived their fees. took some time to get sorted, but it eventaully worked out.

i wish you luck and hope it's not BoA.

·
Seat's not level
19,371 Posts
Call the # on the back of the card.

They should reverse the charges, but you will need to fill out some paperwork.

The number was probably copied from a transaction you recently made. It happened to me last year. A kid at a batteries plus store basically stole my debit card number. Within a few hours he ordered about $800 worth of stuff online.

The bank (wells fartgo) actually caught it before I did. They have a fraud unit that was pretty good to work with.

Suggestion...use a real credit card instead of a debit card. If the # gets stolen, at least they aren't getting your cash (and causing overdrafts). You can dispute the charges on your CC without it locking up any cash if there are problems getting it resolved. Just be sure to treat the CC as debit card and pay itoff every month.

·
had it in the ear before
13,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
just come back from the bank and they agree it was a fraudulent transaction so now i have a case number and no money. Supposably it will be resolved in 3-4 days and they will refund the overdraft fees and cash withdraw. My card was compromised so they destroyed it and are issuing a new card/pin number. I'm gonna hide my money under the mattress from now on.

·
Seat's not level
19,371 Posts
gutfiddle said:
just come back from the bank and they agree it was a fraudulent transaction so now i have a case number and no money. Supposably it will be resolved in 3-4 days and they will refund the overdraft fees and cash withdraw. My card was compromised so they destroyed it and are issuing a new card/pin number. I'm gonna hide my money under the mattress from now on.
Get a credit card...used the credit card. They can't get to your cash that way.

·
Administrator
12,955 Posts
Never use a debit card IMHO.

·
had it in the ear before
13,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
OK OK i'll quit using my debit card and use the 22% shittycredit card:)

·
Seat's not level
19,371 Posts
gutfiddle said:
One very, very, very important thing. Pay it off every month, in full and on time. Then you have a 0% credit card. Which is quite reasonable, if it keeps the crooks from getting your cash.

·
had it in the ear before
13,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Chain said:
One very, very, very important thing. Pay it off every month, in full and on time. Then you have a 0% credit card. Which is quite reasonable, if it keeps the crooks from getting your cash.
or just apply for a bunch of other high rate cards and max them all out, here i come bike shop bwahhahaha!

·
Squirrel Hunter
3,806 Posts
Screw the bank

Use cash. I use cash for nearly every face to face transaction. Will use the credit card for online stuff and travel (hotel/air...). I don't even carry my debit card, its at home in the night drawer next to the bed, just in case I need to cut a line of blow to share with the hooker.

gutfiddle said:
Well remember those recommending the use of a credit card also recommend paying it off in full every month. So the interest rate on the credit card does not matter and you can feel good each month when you paid it off that you screwed the bank out of 22% interest.

Keep in mind that if you read most debit card agreements most of those waived fees and reimbursed transactions are being made at the discretion of the bank. The last time I read one the banks only real obligation was limited to $50. Its been a while so double check the fine print on the agreement on your banks debit card.

·
Shirtcocker
60,639 Posts
Coolhand said:
Never use a debit card IMHO.
Agree...the only thing I use it for is to get emergency cash from ATMs.

·
Shirtcocker
60,639 Posts
Chain said:
Yup...doesn't matter if it's 50% interest as long as you make sure to pay it off each month.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts