Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
797 Posts
I don't think it's been photshoped, due to the shadow... I think they got a close balance out of it, and an assistant held the bike, untill the 'tog was set, and when the assistant let go, the photog clicked the pic in that one second before the bike fell over.

I think a large apature, and a strobe flash makes the bike stand out from the back round.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
i'm no photographer, but why couldn't it be rolling?

if someone gave it a push and they snapped a shot it would appear as it is?

·
Sharp
1,695 Posts
What shadows?

Ah the wonders of 'shopping.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I think it's photoshopped. The lightning on the bike doesn't look at all the same as the back ground unless they used alot of strobes because there aren't any hotspots. or it could have actually been taken there, but they photoshopped the stand out.

·
teh n00b
37 Posts
It's photoshopped. They had something propping it up & simply cloned it out. Very easy to do, especially with a uniform background like the pavement.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
where are the spokes in the front wheel?????

·
Steaming piles of opinion
10,503 Posts
Probably 'shopped, but a small block hot-glued to a rim would provide enough balance if they wanted to do it 'honestly.'

·
Colorado Springs, CO
629 Posts
rollinrob said:
where are the spokes in the front wheel?????

Those are the new Cannondale "Air Spokes" that will be available in the 2008 model year bicycles.

There is a small dynamo in the front hub that provides power to align the air molecules in a radiating solid structure that holds the rim in place. Of course, they haven't quite worked out the problem of slicing up body parts if you get them in the way of the generated field.

·
Registered
7,934 Posts
orbit said:
Ah the wonders of 'shopping.
Any idea how to prefectly crop a bike out of a picture? The magic wand is not always perfect.

·
Registered
129 Posts
DIRT BOY said:
Any idea how to prefectly crop a bike out of a picture? The magic wand is not always perfect.
You should crop the background color leaving the space transparent. Certainly, the background and bike colors should contrast.

·
Who needs a map?
2,527 Posts
Assuming that it is 'shopped, wouldn't it be much easier to shoot the bike against a solid (white?) background (could even prop it up against the background) and then set the background color to transparent, then copy the bike in to the road shot?

Or it could be a real shot - maybe using thin wire to hold teh bike from above.

If you really want to know, you could ask the photographer:

http://www.williamkramer.com/artist.php

·
Who needs a map?
2,527 Posts
btw, got a link to the original article?

·
Frog Whisperer
40,964 Posts
definitely "shopped" I d/l the image and opened in shop, rear dropout area is divided by a straight line ...one shade on either side.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts