Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
21,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We rode way too much, traveled way too much, rode in temps from the low teens to the mid 80's.

Not bad for a January.

·
Registered
783 Posts
1-20-08 Skagit Valley Ride Washington State

Headed to Skagit Valley on 1-20-08 about a 3 hour ride this time of year Bald Eagles and Trumphet Swans everywhere. Had a great time saw over 25 Bald Eagles

Ray Still

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
This and That...

A little of this... some of that... some more of that because it was so GOOD :thumbsup:! Then some of this from Ebay, UGGG. :frown2:

singlecross

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
Didn't ride much, but one or two pics (some posted in other threads)

·
Failboat Captian
6,527 Posts
January sucked. And February isn't starting out well. It's an absolute deluge out there at31F. I probably averaged 2 days/week commuting this month due to going to CA for a week, lousy commuting weather, and the fact that I'm now sick. I rode on monday, and had a really good ride, but as soon as I got home, I started feeling bad. Got a fever, then a sinus infection. Now I'm going through hot & cold spells. I'm really hoping I feel better tomorrow because I have to go skiing. It's supposed to be a nice warm (50F) sunny day, so I'll just over dress.

·
Premium Member
21,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
That first pic, WOW!

abiciriderback said:
Headed to Skagit Valley on 1-20-08 about a 3 hour ride this time of year Bald Eagles and Trumphet Swans everywhere. Had a great time saw over 25 Bald Eagles

Ray Still
I'd love to go down that dirt lane (when it is not quite so wet). :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
21,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Oh man!

YuriB said:
January was diverse.
That second pic (riding across the desert on a crosser) looks so sweet.

After I finish riding across the Skagit Valley I want to ride there.

·
Registered
783 Posts
All Farm Land

The skagit valley is all farmland in spring is the world renowned Tulip Festival most of the fields are just covered with Tulips just beautiful.
Anytime you guys can make it out here would be more than happy to show you around. Riding along the rivers then up into the Cascades just heaven.

Ray Still

·
Banned
7,071 Posts
January generally sucked- poorly plowed streets, lots of snow, bitter cold AND thunderstorms...

So much snow...

There are a few pretty spots in Madison in the winter...

And a bunch of less pretty spots. In the summer, these ugly spots are hidden by trees and tall grass. Not so much in January...

We got thick fog for a couple days...

But one thing has been consistently great, and makes it all worth while...

She makes me want to get home fast and safe.

·
merckxman
2,116 Posts
Only a Few Great Sunny Days

It's been a very wet, foggy, start to the New Year in Verona. 100% different than last year. But a few, great, sunny days snuck in and I rode over to Lake Garda for my rides.

G

·
abiciriderback said:
The skagit valley is all farmland in spring is the world renowned Tulip Festival most of the fields are just covered with Tulips just beautiful.
Anytime you guys can make it out here would be more than happy to show you around. Riding along the rivers then up into the Cascades just heaven.

Ray Still
I lived in the Fraser Valley for years.

A couple of miles from the Sumas Border Crossing. That was back in the days when I could roll through the crossing on my bike, the guys at the crossing knew me and I could go riding.

Can't do that anymore.

I've ridden on most of those roads in Skagit and Whatcom and one time or another.

Pretty stuff.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.