Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How Difficult would this be to convert this to a front wheel, or even keep it as a back wheel? I'm kind of a newbie at wheelsets, but have a chance to pick up this rear specialized composite, however I'm sure it'd be a pain to mount this as a rear wheel onto a Cannondale r700 with a freehub design. Let me know what you all think, and if the wheel is even worth picking up.

Thanks in Advance

·
Banned forever.....or not
24,401 Posts
Will only work as a "freewheel" type rear wheel, or you can get an axle kit to convert it to a front wheel.

·
Defender of Freedom...
611 Posts
I might be wrong but....

glazebal said:
How Difficult would this be to convert this to a front wheel, or even keep it as a back wheel? I'm kind of a newbie at wheelsets, but have a chance to pick up this rear specialized composite, however I'm sure it'd be a pain to mount this as a rear wheel onto a Cannondale r700 with a freehub design. Let me know what you all think, and if the wheel is even worth picking up.

Thanks in Advance

you could always throw on a BMX freewheel and have a super aero singlespeed :D

·
Chili hed & old bike fixr
1,126 Posts
glazebal said:

Thanks in Advance

Look for a bicycle freak machinist to have as a friend! That will make things a lot easier to cope with!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts