Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last week they stole my full XT equipped MTB from my fenced in front yard. It had the mount for my Cateye TL-LD1000 tail light mounted. I had wanted to buy an extra mount for my roadie... now I have to. Where can they be obtained?

·
Registered
704 Posts
If it's like anything else made out on the PacRim in order to sell it in the US at stinkin' low prices, forget about spares.

Everything is made in a set, shrink-wrapped into a blister pack or shoved into a box and shipped over to eager little consumers. It would cost far too much to make spares - from actually making more of a particular part rather than a complete set, to packing it up, to shipping it across the Pacific, to shops/whoever stocking spares inventory.

Spares for folk in your position are a fond memory from history, from a time when those who sold stuff cared maybe just a little...

Just go buy another complete set and toss the bits you don't use into a drawer/box/trash/wherever, like a good little consumer should...

The inventive could make up a mount ... the only alternative that comes to mind is duct tape (I've been watching the Red Green show again <VBG>)

Regards

Dereck

·
Resident Curmudgeon
11,979 Posts
Does Cateye have a web site? You might try looking there. Nashbar may also be able to help. Call there during reg. business hours, and ask for the "small parts dept." I've got a couple of things from them, & to my surprise they were shipped at no charge.

·
jaded bitter joy crusher
19,723 Posts
Call Cateye's customer support.

matanza said:
Last week they stole my full XT equipped MTB from my fenced in front yard. It had the mount for my Cateye TL-LD1000 tail light mounted. I had wanted to buy an extra mount for my roadie... now I have to. Where can they be obtained?
I've had good luck getting things like this by calling the manufacturer's customer support line and asking.

When I bought a fixie for commuting I wanted to be able to move my Night Rider taillight back and forth between the roadie and the fixie, so I called up Night Rider's support number. They said it was too much trouble to sell little parts like that, so they just gave the mount to me free.

Cateye has good customer support. I've had no trouble buying spare parts from them for my trainer, so I'm sure if you gave them a call they'd either sell or give you a taillight mount.

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks everyone.

Thorn Bait said:
http://www.cateye.com/cat/parts_list.php?products_id=158

I ordered an extra belt clip, and got a new one in about a week.

I should have searched... Sorry. I'm used to stuff like this not being available. Dereck said what I was thinking. I'm glad it's not the case. another $45 dollar light just for the bracket would be a little much. Although it's a great light!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts