Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I see that there are new replies to threads but can't figure out what/where they are without re-reading through everything, which is annoying. Other forums like this I've seen just have the newest post in the thread at the bottom, and some even place you directly at the posts you haven't read when you click on the thread. But with this one new posts are mixed in here and there. Is there some setting I'm missing?

·
gazing from the shadows
27,243 Posts
what i've been doing:

On the main page, those threads with new posts show in bold. That, combined with number of posts gives me an idea of activity. After that, I click the thread.

I use the hybrid view. The posts that were there the last time I read the thread have a little blue page symbol next to them (at the top in the threaded part) while those that are new have a white page symbol. I look for white symbols, then scroll down and pick up the new posts.

Your results may vary.

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
dr hoo said:
On the main page, those threads with new posts show in bold. That, combined with number of posts gives me an idea of activity. After that, I click the thread.

I use the hybrid view. The posts that were there the last time I read the thread have a little blue page symbol next to them (at the top in the threaded part) while those that are new have a white page symbol. I look for white symbols, then scroll down and pick up the new posts.

Your results may vary.
On the quick links you can also choose "new threads" and see all the new ones you havent read. only problem is that you have to scroll throughn the thread to see the new responses.

·
off the back
15,464 Posts
i'm using the "linear view" with the ascending(i think) option. this way the newest posts are at the top of the thread, rather than having to scroll all the way to the bottom to see them. then it's just a case of recognizing the last one you already read. i've gotten used to this style from another board i post at.

just go to the "my account" tab, and choose "edit options" and change your thread view.

·
Registered
5,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
rufus said:
i'm using the "linear view" with the ascending(i think) option. this way the newest posts are at the top of the thread, rather than having to scroll all the way to the bottom to see them. then it's just a case of recognizing the last one you already read. i've gotten used to this style from another board i post at.

just go to the "my account" tab, and choose "edit options" and change your thread view.
That's it! That's what I was looking for. Thanks.

·
Bacon!
9,190 Posts
Wow MOPI, you're on a run here!

By the way, I still can't see what I haven't read.

·
I want a Road Bike :)
4,111 Posts
waaaaaaaait! MOPI didn't you requested autobannination?

I'm confused here ...

·
Who needs a map?
2,527 Posts
Ridgetop said:
Wow MOPI, you're on a run here!

By the way, I still can't see what I haven't read.

I give up. Why is MOPI digging up random threads from 6 years ago?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts