Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,651 Posts
Yea, you might think they are fine. But the sun gets to a point in the sky and the people behind you can see your butt crack. They may look fine in the bathroom mirror. You have got to replace those quite often.

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Run1stBike2nd said:
When people start making comments about your "screen door shorts."
LOL but some shorts come newish with a thinner fabric. I forget what brand it was, but luckily this particular shop's dressing room area was well illuminated by lots of sunlight. While looking at the mirror, I noticed the transparency. :blush2:

Now I do the stretch technique. With my hand made into a fist I stretch the fabric light-moderately to see if if my hand becomes visible through the fabric. If my hand shows up...I leave the shorts on the rack. Mostly occurs if trying to squeeze into that next size smaller short though.

·
On the wrong floor again
1,138 Posts
the sky above said:
Thanks for the replies, I bet my shorts have been transparent for some time now without my noticing. However, like running shoes, I thought perhaps the chamois in bike shorts may become compressed after a time and lose its protective quality.
I've had that happen to a few pairs of shorts. Get a new pair and see how much more comfortable those are and you'll see how worn your old ones are!

Tim

·
Large Suburban Male
4,131 Posts
Einstruzende said:
Yea, I found that one out the hard way.

Next question:
Is there any use for cycling shorts when they become see through?
Use them to show off your junk on a bike ride.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.